How to Map an IR input to work with XBMC?
I have a WD Play tv remote and the lenovo IR reader. When I press a button on the remote the IR Reader flashes with red showing that it is reading the command. Is there a software I can map the IR commands with XBMC? Have been looking for this for a while,.
Use showkey to show you what key is being pressed and then make the appropriate entries in keyboard.xml
Let me check it out. Do you have any sample starting point.
I've tried showkey on 4 laptops and none of them shows the remote key being pressed. I've tried it on one windows 7 with xbmc, then the other windows 7 without xbmc and windows 8 without xbmc and finally my work laptop. Showkey does not show what is being pressed. Sad

Any hints please?
I've tried the registry tweak but still can't get it to work. I'm using the black Lenovo smk rxx6000-40 series IR from ebay. The IR works as I have an MCR remote that that works fine but I don't like the cheap MCE remote I have. Sad

I cannot get showkey to work on any PC I have.
Install evenghost, add mceremote and xbmc plugins to the autostart tree, press any key on the remote control. You will see a code in the log section for each keypress. Drag and drop this code to the required command in xbmc plugin. I have tried remote controls of my TV, BDP successfully.
(2013-08-30, 12:27)baijuxavior Wrote: Install evenghost, add mceremote and xbmc plugins to the autostart tree, press any key on the remote control. You will see a code in the log section for each keypress. Drag and drop this code to the required command in xbmc plugin. I have tried remote controls of my TV, BDP successfully.

Thank you so much. I will try that tonight when I get home. I installed eventghost but couldn't figure it out last night. So I copy the remote code from the log and use it in the keyboard.xml I believe?
I got this from EventGhost but can't figure how to make a working keyboard xml with the following. Can you help with one button. The rest I'll make please. Smile

Power MceRemote.Unknown.5EBAEFC
Home MceRemote.Unknown.5FEEEFC
Up MceRemote.Unknown.5FEAAFC
Down MceRemote.Unknown.5FFFEFC
Left MceRemote.Unknown.5FEFAFC
Right MceRemote.Unknown.5FAEAFC
OK MceRemote.Unknown.5FAFEFC
Back MceRemote.Unknown.5AEBAFC
Option MceRemote.Unknown.5EEAEFC
Prev Page MceRemote.Unknown.4BBBEFC
Next Page MceRemote.Unknown.5FFBAFC
Rewind MceRemote.Unknown.5EFFAFC
Forward MceRemote.Unknown.5EFEEFC
Play/Pause MceRemote.Unknown.5FAAEFC
Beginning MceRemote.Unknown.5FEAEFC
End MceRemote.Unknown.5FFEAFC
Stop MceRemote.Unknown.5FEBEFC
Search MceRemote.Unknown.5EBFAFC
Eject MceRemote.Unknown.5EBFEFC
Netflix MceRemote.Unknown.5EEFEFC
Vudu MceRemote.Unknown.5EEEAFC
Hulu Plus MceRemote.Unknown.5FBEEFC
You don't need to create or modify keyboard.xml file. In eventghost add the plugin for xbmc. Expand this plugin tree and you can see buttons and actions listed. Drag and drop 'MceRemote.Unknown.5FFFEFC' to the action 'Down' and so on. One advantage of eventghost plugin is that you can minimize xbmc and the keypress will still work.

(2013-08-31, 06:38)baijuxavior Wrote: You don't need to create or modify keyboard.xml file. In eventghost add the plugin for xbmc. Expand this plugin tree and you can see buttons and actions listed. Drag and drop 'MceRemote.Unknown.5FFFEFC' to the action 'Down' and so on. One advantage of eventghost plugin is that you can minimize xbmc and the keypress will still work.

Got it. Thanks so much for the perfect instructions !! I'll let you know how it pans out.
And he was never heard from again.... lol Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Map an IR input to work with XBMC?0