Previous Unwatched Episodes
I found this plugin Check Previous Episode: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...us_Episode

The problem I have is when I look at my recent items and I find something I want to watch, I have no idea if I've missed the previous episode... that check_previous_episode helps a lot with that... but unfortunately it only notifies me that I haven't watched the previous episode. In the event I haven't seen the previous episode, I'd like it to either take me to that TV Show so I can see all episodes, or give me the option to play the previous episode and recheck to see if I'd seen the one before that before playing it.

Anyone know of any plugins like that?
I would also love an add-on that would offer to jump either to the episode list or directly to the earliest unwatched episode of a series after a Previous Episode Check.

Kissell, did you ever find something to suit?
I never found anything... I don't think it exists yet. Sad

I did find a plugin which will display a warning message if you try to play an episode in which the previous episode is marked as unwatched... but that's imperfect because I often watch episodes outside of this XBMC console or on a different XBMC console that doesn't share a database.

I'd much rather it take me to the season's episode listing and let me see the check marks of watched episodes and go play the last unwatched one and if I'd already seen it I can mark it as watched and move on to the newer one..

But yeah, I really wish someone would make this app, I'd find it really useful.
I finally sat down and solved this problem.

First you'll need this playlist I've made:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>TV Shows (Unwatched Episodes by Date)</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
        <value>0</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>500</limit>
    <order direction="ascending">dateadded</order>
</smartplaylist>

Step 1) Copy the playlist into your XBMC Library/Playlists/video folder
Step 2) Install the Metropolis Skin
Step 3) Go to Settings / Metropolis / Home Items
Step 4) Go down to TV Shows and click "Override default link"
Step 5) Go down to Playlist and override the TV Shows menu action with the playlist I've provided.

The result of this, is when you click on "TV Shows" on the XBMC home screen, you get a list of TV Shows sorted by the one in which an episode was most recently added. This list will only include TV Shows that have unwatched episodes, and when you click on the TV Show you get a list of the episodes sorted by the most recent at the top and check boxes next to the ones you've already watched, so you can easily see if you missed the previous episode.

This solves my problem, and is much nicer than the default recent list which just shows the most recent episodes of all shows all mixed together.

You can still use the menu on the right in Metropolis to view by the default Recent method, or by Title, Genre, ect...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Previous Unwatched Episodes0