• 78(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
A few quick questions about the latest beta....on the download page it states that we need to have vlc x86 and active-x plugin. Do I really need VLC installed or will some features not work without it installed? Could I just get a hold of the active-x plugin and install it where it needs to go without using VLC?
If you now how you can manually register a COM then yes. But i would install VLC
Ok, thanks a lot for the fast reply! Enjoy your vacation!
Hey,

I have a little problem with the latest beta, I cannot manually edit movies. Whenever I right click and hit "edit movie" nothing happens, no windows pops up. All I can see is that in the top row "Mark all", "Scrape Movies" and "Update Library" are grayed out, but nothing else. In the Sets and TV-Shows section everything is working fine however.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? I tried to reinstall, but it did not work...

EDIT: Nevermind, got it to work. Turns out that I had the x64 version of VLC installed. Now everything works fine.
(2014-09-04, 20:35)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-09-04, 19:39)orbtwin Wrote: Doesn´t work double click to EDIT a movie. CRTL+E either.
Install vlc x86 with ActiveX plugin...

Thanks...it works again!.
I have a problem changing the values in "Bei der Sortierung ignorieren". Every change is followed by the error message "Der Wert 48 ist für Value ungültig. Value sollte zwischen 'minimum' und 'maximum' liegen. Parametername: Value " and the program shuts down.

Is there anything I can do about it?
Maybe it's just me but whenever I try to add a local trailer in .MOV format, it's magically getting deleted. Is this happening to anyone else? It doesn't do it to any of my other trailer files so far.

Thanks for all your hard work on this. I don't know what I'd do without it.
(2014-09-04, 17:32)DanCooper Wrote: Yes i know. It is a bug that Ember also stack it in the middle of a file name.
But if you use dots instead of space, your filename is wrong and should be called "Harry.Potter.And.The.Deathly.Hallows.Part.2.2011.1080p.Bluray.x264.mkv" Tongue

Anyway, i will fix this after my vacation...
Confirm that named like that works
(2014-09-05, 15:36)loktar.ogar Wrote: Maybe it's just me but whenever I try to add a local trailer in .MOV format, it's magically getting deleted. Is this happening to anyone else? It doesn't do it to any of my other trailer files so far.

Thanks for all your hard work on this. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Do you have the clean files option on? Make sure you enable whitelist video extensions and add .mov in there just to be sure...
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Hi, I just installed the new Beta 2014-09-05.
Now my Ember Database seems not to work anymore.

I added a source folder for movies and placed some MKVs in.
If I press on "update database" the ember creates folders with the same names as the files and moves the files to this folders.
So far so good, but the movies don't appear in the GUI of ember. The list stays empty.

If I fo to "Tools" menu, all emtries are greyed out.

I'm running Win 8.1 x64.

Can somebody help?

Thnaks J.
@Dan

Can you please check that Movie Sets are working fine?

a) poster and fanart are not saved in appropriate folder
b) adding movies to a set, new nfo files do not save set
I want to remove all SETS. How do I do that?
I cannot even use the MANAGE option in XBMC now.
And that is a big PITA.
Ember refuses to scrape The Carol Burnett Show, even if I override it with series # 70657. It acts as if it is not there at all..Is this theTVDB itself, or Ember?
I think I have a small problem with Ember, although it maybe CCM (by mudislander) or more likely me.

I'm running a dedicated HTPC with13.2 on win 7 and CCM skin with ember on my laptop and all my movies etc on a WD world book on my hardwired network.

Everything is showing (finally) in ember just how I want it to look, but on the HTPC not all the logos and disc arts are showing properly, but all the files appear to be correctly named when i compare a folder that displays correctly and one that doesn't.

last night i deleted the texture database and then cleaned the video files; rebooted and updated my video files. the end result being exactly the same. Should I have deleted the video database as well or is it a naming thing in ember?

Can anyone give me any pointers or which log file I might need to post?

Thanks
Are you using artwork downloader add on? Believe you need that to get all extras.
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread8