• 95(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
(2014-10-23, 00:09)sanjonny Wrote: I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or misunderstanding how it is supposed to work. I have some tv shows and they were not scraped or whatever properly in the past. When I use the latest version 1.4.0.5 I can see in the list that they are missing the fanart or whatever. I thought that when I did the refresh data, since it pulled images, it would pull the missing info/art or whatever, but it does not seem to do that.

I have to rescrape to be able to get the updated images or the missing images. Since I have many of these via the changes over the last couple versions and of course my own preference changes and understanding, that seems to mean that I would have to rescrape almost my entire tv library to get the ones that are missing something. I had thought that refresh data would do that since it goes thru the image process.

I guess I want to make sure I get this right or if there is a problem and if I have it wrong, why does refresh data download images and such anyway. I guess I am confused how it is supposed to work. I originally though refresh data would just pull the new info for current tv shows like active ones where we do not know the new episode titles yet, but then I saw it doing images and thought they just would update them, but now I am just confused. Everything else seems to be working great so far.

And a third question. What is the consequence if I have a network location that only is on part time vs my main locations that are on full time. When the database is updated automatically..like when installing a new version or whatever, will that location lose all the info until it is back online, or is there a way to have it only scrape that location when manually done. I read the thread about this a few places but don't quite understand how this works currently as it seems the changes that are documented are not how it seems to work (at least what I have seen)

Thanks for all your hard work

First, Ember can only download posters, banners, fanarts and epsiode posters atm. All other image types like Landscape, ClearArt can only added manually in Edit Show/Season dialog.

Rescrape and Refresh Data is the same, but Refresh Data does not display the Image Select dialog.
That means, all existing show/season poster/fanart are untouched, Ember try to get missing posters/fanarts, download the latest info ZIP from thetvdb and rewrites all epsiode NFOs and episodes posters (thumbs).

Since version 1.4.0.5 Ember do always check the age of existing info ZIP file. If it's older than 12h, Ember get again the latest info ZIP from thetvdb. This is very usefull to get new episode titles and informations.
The download process is controlled by this 12h age and your Re-Download settings.

For offline drives you have multiple options:
- disable "Clean Database after Update" in movie and tv show settings -> Ember do no longer check if a file is available
- set a movie source to "Ignore on DB Update" -> Ember only search for new movies on this source, if you have manually select the source in Update Database submenu (but this has nothing to do with cleaning DB or "Rescrape only online drives")
- do NOT manually start Tools -> Cleanup Database, this will cleanup all sources (same like in XBMC, offline movies will be removed from database)

We don't have a solution for "Rescrape only all online sources" or "Rescrape only all movie sources that no be irgnored by DB update"... or something else.

I think I understand, but I will say that when I did the refresh data, it did not pick up the missing images like fanart or posters that I may not have added in before in whatever setup I had, but it would add those images if I did rescrape. i did not select the images, it just on the rescape did actually pull them. It seems like as you explained it, something is not working correctly because for images that are missing, it should have pulled them on refresh data...I think?

Something else I found and I know this has been discussed before, i found a few tvshows that were not updating no matter what I did, and for those shows, I went into the director and deleted the tvshow.nfo and then it would rescrape properly. Even when I deleted the show from the database and rescanned, it would not update until I deleted the tvshow.nfo file for those rare ones that somehow get stuck.
Just recently started to use Ember so I'm a total beginner. It's nice to whip my collection into shape across my different XBMC machines but I've run into some problems.

First it's the <filename>-poster/fanart thing. For 95% of my movies this works without hassle, but some of them which are named exactly with the same "rules" as the others won't display the fanart/poster unless I rename it to poster.jpg or fanart.jpg. The <filename>-poster/fanart works for pretty much every movie but not for some of them. Is there a way to fix this or make it use poster.jpg and fanart.jpg that I have missed.

The next question is... Is it possible to make Ember not load directories which contains a certain word? When I hit refresh I get a lot of "movies" called Subs and things like that. I know I can get rid of those folders but for different reason I'd like to keep my files as they are and not get rid of folders and/or unpack .rar files.

I really like this program since I usually have problems with the XBMC scrapers so keep up the good work. Smile
(2014-10-24, 14:23)Pankookis Wrote: Just recently started to use Ember so I'm a total beginner. It's nice to whip my collection into shape across my different XBMC machines but I've run into some problems.

First it's the <filename>-poster/fanart thing. For 95% of my movies this works without hassle, but some of them which are named exactly with the same "rules" as the others won't display the fanart/poster unless I rename it to poster.jpg or fanart.jpg. The <filename>-poster/fanart works for pretty much every movie but not for some of them. Is there a way to fix this or make it use poster.jpg and fanart.jpg that I have missed.

The next question is... Is it possible to make Ember not load directories which contains a certain word? When I hit refresh I get a lot of "movies" called Subs and things like that. I know I can get rid of those folders but for different reason I'd like to keep my files as they are and not get rid of folders and/or unpack .rar files.

I really like this program since I usually have problems with the XBMC scrapers so keep up the good work. Smile

You can simply use the Frodo filename defaults if you have exported the XBMC database with images. You need expert settings only for Artwork Downloader banners. Add banner.jpg to the expert banner fields.

BDMV and VIDEO_TS folders use poster.jpg and fanart.jpg instead of <filename>-imagetype.ext.

But the Artwork Downloader addon has his own rules for filenames... and it's crappy.

Don't forget to reload all movies with Tools -> Reload all movies if you have something changed in filename settings.
(2014-10-24, 15:38)DanCooper Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 14:23)Pankookis Wrote: Just recently started to use Ember so I'm a total beginner. It's nice to whip my collection into shape across my different XBMC machines but I've run into some problems.

You can simply use the Frodo filename defaults if you have exported the XBMC database with images. You need expert settings only for Artwork Downloader banners. Add banner.jpg to the expert banner fields.

BDMV and VIDEO_TS folders use poster.jpg and fanart.jpg instead of <filename>-imagetype.ext.

But the Artwork Downloader addon has his own rules for filenames... and it's crappy.

Don't forget to reload all movies with Tools -> Reload all movies if you have something changed in filename settings.

I'm sorry but I don't understand. I have imported the folders with my movies into Ember and then scraped them. Do I have to export my library in XBMC and stuff?

And also, do I have to run Artwork Downloader? I used it to make my disc.png show but do I have to use with all other artwork also?

Thanks
(2014-10-24, 15:44)Pankookis Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 15:38)DanCooper Wrote:

I'm sorry but I don't understand. I have imported the folders with my movies into Ember and then scraped them. Do I have to export my library in XBMC and stuff?

And also, do I have to run Artwork Downloader? I used it to make my disc.png show but do I have to use with all other artwork also?

Thanks

No, you don't need to export the library in XBMC. It was only an option if you have scraped the movies in XBMC and not with an extra tool like Ember.

To show extra images like discart, logo, ... you need the XBMC addon Artwork Downloader.
But AD don't use the same filenames like XBMC for posters and fanart. That means you have to disable poster and fanart scraping in AD, also enable "use local artwork" to use the Ember scraped extra images. Let XBMC handle poster and fanart, AD use not the same filenames like Ember and XBMC. In Ember, add banner.jpg to the "Expert Settings -> Single -> banner" field to save all banners also as banner.jpg.

EDIT: Not Multiple! Single is the correct field!
Folks,
thanks to Cocotus request I found another major hog in EMM I have to fix.

HTTP class uses Syncronous calls so even if you abort the command is not executed till the download is finished. I will have to change the HTTP class to work asyncronously!

I will start to work on it... is not a trivial change BUT the result should be great as when we cancel a process it should really happen not as now where we have to wait a lot (download to finish) in any case!
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
For your reference some good reads.

We need to change ALL web interaction :O

New .NET 4.5 introduces some SUPER nice features
Asynchronous Programming with Async and Await (C# and Visual Basic): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh191443.aspx
Walkthrough: Accessing the Web by Using Async and Await (C# and Visual Basic): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh300224.aspx
How to: Make Multiple Web Requests in Parallel by Using Async and Await (C# and Visual Basic): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh696703.aspx

Will check if we can use them

And here how to cancel the tasks
Cancel an Async Task or a List of Tasks (C# and Visual Basic): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj155759.aspx
I've start doing experiments on HTTPClient Smile
Bulkrenamer don't work for me .. i use the last version .
I don't know where i can find the debug log
got async examples working of both WebClient and HTTPClient

still have to decide what we need... HTTPClient does not provide any feedback information
I have been successfully using 1.3xxx for a while and whole library works fine. I tried upgrading to 1.4.0.5 and only about 25% of my library is found. I have added sources etc all the same as in 1.3 but cant get it to find most of the library?

Thanks!
(2014-10-26, 07:01)sirdung Wrote: I have been successfully using 1.3xxx for a while and whole library works fine. I tried upgrading to 1.4.0.5 and only about 25% of my library is found. I have added sources etc all the same as in 1.3 but cant get it to find most of the library?

Thanks!

Please provide more info and remember that you must do a fresh install, you can't use anything from old settings folder
What are you missing, doesn't find movies or is it missing other content?
Hi

I've just upgraded to 1.4.0.5 from an early 1.4 beta, starting with fresh settings files and letting Ember create the database from the existing .nfo files, rather than trying to copy the old data across. I seem to have run into a few issues, though:
  • For some reason, Edit Movie in 1.4.0.5 is doing nothing for me. Edit TV Show and Edit Movie Set work, but trying to edit a movie (either with Ctrl-E or the context menu) does nothing. There aren't any error messages shown, which makes tracking it down a bit tricky… Once I've selected Edit Movie, the Edit menu is greyed out and I can no longer access the settings without quitting and restarting Ember. (I have checked that it hasn't simply opened the edit window behind the current one! :)

• Actually, I say editing a movie set works, but it doesn't recognise the images I already have in the folder. When I try to scrape new ones, I get told to check that I have an artwork scraper enabled. I have fanart.tv, TMDB and IMDB enabled for artwork, so I'm not quite sure what's happening here!

• I've also enabled TV and movie theme scraping, but can't find a way to make Ember actually get the theme. Even rescraping a movie completely didn't download a theme. Is there a way to manually kick this off?

• Finally, even though I have discart downloaded for various movies, Ember isn't showing it on the screen, despite my not having disabled showing discart and the discart column showing that Ember thinks I have discart. I'm using the standard Frodo filenames, if that makes a difference.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be going wrong here? I'm sure editing a movie worked at one point…

Thanks
(2014-10-26, 11:22)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 07:01)sirdung Wrote: I have been successfully using 1.3xxx for a while and whole library works fine. I tried upgrading to 1.4.0.5 and only about 25% of my library is found. I have added sources etc all the same as in 1.3 but cant get it to find most of the library?

Thanks!

Please provide more info and remember that you must do a fresh install, you can't use anything from old settings folder
What are you missing, doesn't find movies or is it missing other content?

Can confirm its a completely fresh independent install. It seems to also be missing around 15% of TV episodes. Roughly 1000 episodes missing from 7000ish and 600 movies missing from 800ish.

Thanks
(2014-10-25, 15:45)MaxCore Wrote: Bulkrenamer don't work for me .. i use the last version .
I don't know where i can find the debug log
The log file is inside the .\EmberMediaManager\Log folder ;-)
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread8