• 1(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
Brick 
As quite a lot of people asked me to test the new version here is a link to a package:

New download thread for BETA releases: Link

Feel free to test it and let us know if it works.

Note: THE OFFICIAL VERSION will be released from DanCooper.

This is just for test Smile
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
Thanks for this m.savazzi

Do you want feedback here or in a new tread?
Here is fine so we avoid to mess up the other threads.

M
Updated, I forgot a set of projects in the build.... including the ones for IMDB and the TV Shows....
new version online now
does the current beta include support for the new database, and more importantly the new image types?
What about trakt personal lists? Did it make it into this release?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2013-08-30, 23:57)deh2k7 Wrote: does the current beta include support for the new database, and more importantly the new image types?

not yet... Db has not yet been validated by everyone

(2013-08-31, 02:01)steve1977 Wrote: What about trakt personal lists? Did it make it into this release?

part of it yes, the trakt scraper is not there yet.
OK here we go, just report what I see in no specific order
Running on W7 x64 Swedish

There are some of your personal settings in the download and removing the movie source and set my own is working fine but on TV-Shows I get stuck in "My document" folder and can't get out of it.
Quit ember and removed settings.xml and DB
Running the setup wizard and now its no problem with source path, but on TV-Shows section there is setting for preferred language, hitting the button "fetch all ...." and ember dumps

Seems that you must get API keys for everything you scrap!!

Movie scraping:
Data scraping works fine
Image scraping is not
Only get one poster to choose and you don't know that size it is before download
Can't get any fanart from TVDB even if they exist on site, only from fanart.tv and they miss allot of them so most get empty

Haven't test TV-Shows as I don't have an API key for it and not sure I like to get one

EDIT: Data scrap setting page is a mess in misc section, "Use plot for outline if outline is empty" comes on top of other text
(2013-08-31, 13:11)T-bird_se Wrote: OK here we go, just report what I see in no specific order
Running on W7 x64 Swedish

There are some of your personal settings in the download and removing the movie source and set my own is working fine but on TV-Shows I get stuck in "My document" folder and can't get out of it.

Ops... its the XML file... sorry Smile

I will check the issue with TV Shows

(2013-08-31, 13:11)T-bird_se Wrote: Quit ember and removed settings.xml and DB
Running the setup wizard and now its no problem with source path, but on TV-Shows section there is setting for preferred language, hitting the button "fetch all ...." and ember dumps

Should not give an error or quit. Till you have a valid API key is not able to get them

(2013-08-31, 13:11)T-bird_se Wrote: Seems that you must get API keys for everything you scrap!!

Yes,
as explained TVDB, fanartTV and TMDB all require that you have your own key. As the project is open source we cannot simply get one key and "embed" it in the app. The key will always be readable and this is against the terms of use of the different sites.
In the settings boxes there are the URLs of the pages where to require the API Keys.

We do respect the other sites and the other teams and we do respect their terms.

(2013-08-31, 13:11)T-bird_se Wrote: Movie scraping:
Data scraping works fine
Good

(2013-08-31, 13:11)T-bird_se Wrote: Image scraping is not
Only get one poster to choose and you don't know that size it is before download
Can't get any fanart from TVDB even if they exist on site, only from fanart.tv and they miss allot of them so most get empty

Weird it should work... can you show me your configuration?

(2013-08-31, 13:11)T-bird_se Wrote: Haven't test TV-Shows as I don't have an API key for it and not sure I like to get one

The URL is (should be) in the settings dialog and in the ? button to help

(2013-08-31, 13:11)T-bird_se Wrote: EDIT: Data scrap setting page is a mess in misc section, "Use plot for outline if outline is empty" comes on top of other text
Will fix it!
The trailer scrapers seem a little vague. Do they just add the URL to the NFO or is it a physical download? If it's just the URL is it XBMC compatible?

P.S.
Which files do we need to backup every time we update the beta so we don't lose our settings/DB? Is it just Media.emm and Settings.xml?
Here is my settings filesI have just change the api keys

EDIT: removed link
(2013-08-31, 15:36)Axodious Wrote: The trailer scrapers seem a little vague. Do they just add the URL to the NFO or is it a physical download? If it's just the URL is it XBMC compatible?

Do not remember, will check

(2013-08-31, 15:36)Axodious Wrote: P.S.
Which files do we need to backup every time we update the beta so we don't lose our settings/DB? Is it just Media.emm and Settings.xml?

I think yes. To be honest with you I often scrape everything and start from the wizard
(2013-08-31, 15:48)T-bird_se Wrote: Here is my settings files http://db.tt/yXd7SJrb I have just change the api keys

(2013-08-31, 13:11)T-bird_se Wrote: Image scraping is not

The issue on size is that you have choosen: Medium
if there is not a medium size then you have to choose the correct one...

The size of the image is defined based on the size of the image and I tried to harmonize them (as much as I can). Note that, as requested from the different sites as well as to optimize the network usage and quickness, I download only lowest quality to show the images to select.

I have only 1 poster but I have a lot of fanart.

the poster is taken only from IMDB and on IMDB we extract only the one on the main page. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/)
Fanart.TV does not provide poster (and we do not scrape them).

If you want more poster you have to enable the other image scrapers.

Hoping this helps.
new version online.

(2013-08-31, 15:36)Axodious Wrote: The trailer scrapers seem a little vague. Do they just add the URL to the NFO or is it a physical download? If it's just the URL is it XBMC compatible?

P.S.

the trailers should download just the URL as the previous version.

they should have not changed the format so it should work
(2013-08-31, 08:49)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-08-31, 02:01)steve1977 Wrote: What about trakt personal lists? Did it make it into this release?

part of it yes, the trakt scraper is not there yet.

What do you mean by part of it? "Just" the "watched" tags like in the previous version or also "personal lists tags" by now?

(2013-08-31, 23:03)m.savazzi Wrote: the trailers should download just the URL as the previous version

Does it mean that trailer no longer download? This would be a huge loss as trailer URLs may change and downloading them will give me certainty that the trailers stay there. I am running a 1.3 version, which downloads them. Do I have to stay with the "old" version?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread8