Work in Progress - Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
MikeDB Offline
It seems that I can only use Ember to create .nfo files.

It does a great job of finding artwork, fanart, clearart, disc art etc.....but none of it is recognized by XBMC.

I'm using Frodo and have tried telling artwork downloader to use local art but unless I use XBMC scraper, those images saved by Ember are pointless. Even at that......xbmc downloader just redlownloads and replaces what I have.....making all the work I have done, using ember, pointless/in vain.

I have been at this all day and haven't had any luck. Also, I had Ember generate thumbnails for actors but xbmc won't pick them up at all. It seems, unless xbmc scans and saves them to my local hard drive, it won't show actor thumb nails. While this may not seem like a big deal, I have a small SSD that is running out of space.

I have my movies on other drives,with all the artwork saved their, but xbmc will not pick it up, regardless of the settings I apply. Any idea what could be happening here? It seems xbmc is ignoring all of the work I've done in ember, even though I selected "frodo" settings under the options in ember.
find quote
AlderaaN Offline
(2014-07-22 22:44)Cocotus Wrote:  In the current BETA Ember should display the Audio stream information of the stream which has more channels ("GetBestAudio"). Can you check this?
Hello.

Running Ember v1.4.0.0 x86 (2014-05-09), I'd like to see it perform something along the lines of:
1. Get the highest number of channels Audio track(s).
--> Ember finds 2 x 5.1 audio tracks.
One is DTS-MA and one is DD.

2. Get the highest bit rate Audio track.
--> Ember grabs the DTS-MA Audio track.

3. Ember does not automatically assume that a DTS-MA Audio track is comprised of 7.1 channels (as it does now. even if the metadata clearly states that it's a 6 channel Audio track).

Should I suggest it over at the bug tracker or here's fine?

Regards,
(This post was last modified: 2014-07-24 03:33 by AlderaaN.)
find quote
jordandk Offline
(2014-07-22 22:44)Cocotus Wrote:  In the current BETA Ember should display the Audio stream information of the stream which has more channels ("GetBestAudio"). Can you check this? You wrote you tested it on 1.3x version, maybe the behaviour has changed for Beta? I'm afraid I can't test it for myself right now. Confused

Ok I Will test this soon Smile
find quote
blasty Offline
(2014-07-23 04:42)MikeDB Wrote:  It seems that I can only use Ember to create .nfo files.

It does a great job of finding artwork, fanart, clearart, disc art etc.....but none of it is recognized by XBMC.

I'm using Frodo and have tried telling artwork downloader to use local art but unless I use XBMC scraper, those images saved by Ember are pointless. Even at that......xbmc downloader just redlownloads and replaces what I have.....making all the work I have done, using ember, pointless/in vain.

I have been at this all day and haven't had any luck. Also, I had Ember generate thumbnails for actors but xbmc won't pick them up at all. It seems, unless xbmc scans and saves them to my local hard drive, it won't show actor thumb nails. While this may not seem like a big deal, I have a small SSD that is running out of space.

I have my movies on other drives,with all the artwork saved their, but xbmc will not pick it up, regardless of the settings I apply. Any idea what could be happening here? It seems xbmc is ignoring all of the work I've done in ember, even though I selected "frodo" settings under the options in ember.

I don't know where I picked it up along the way, but you can use the "Local Information Only" scraper. I used to used to have the same problem as you until I found the "Local Information Only" scraper (I repeat the name because it's the name of the scraper in XBMC). I'm sorry, but I can not tell you where I picked it up. I did a quick Google search and it seems that it may be included with Gotham, so you may want to consider switching.
find quote