Apple gen 1 and Kodi
I feel really stupid asking this, but here goes. Can I put kodi 14.0 on my ATV1? I have seen where it says it is compatible with ATV2. My ATV1 will not play most content or gives me a script error or cannot connect to server error. I just did an ATV1 factory default and reinstalled crystalbuntu fresh and the problem is still there. Is this because I must use the newer version that I keep seeing is not compatible? I have searched and cannot find any clear answers. Thanks in advance from a pitiful noob !!
from which addon you tried to play the content, that you get a "script error" or a "cannot connect to server error"?
twomovies, animestatic,kissanime,anime44,animeget,etc. all my anime stuff is down. Moviestorm seems to partially work and so does Funimation. But still all dubbed anime does not function and so I was assuming that they need the newer version to work?
although I would still like to upgrade to the newest version so is that possible with ATV1 or should I find another platform.?
moviestorm is a banned addon and even it´s partially working, you won´t get any support for this. So if any of the addons came from those banned repos, you won´t get any support for them in here as well.

Here is a list:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Maybe the list isn´t up to date. But be aware, that you won´t get the support for any addon which is related to any piracy.

And I doubt, that a newer version will solve this issue, because crystalbuntu support is dropped long time ago iirc
Also openelec dropped support for the atv1
ok so I guess that is why no one has asked if Kodi can be installed on the ATV1 if crystalbuntu is not really used anymore. Sorry I wasn't aware crystalbuntu support was gone as well. So what repository should I try? I am so open for suggestion. I also apologize for asking about the banned add-ons....a case of should have read the rules first.
So can Kodi be installed on ATV1? This is the main question I had?
(2015-02-04, 17:39)jmcroberts Wrote: So can Kodi be installed on ATV1? This is the main question I had?

Nope not possible
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ok thanks. So out of the other possible platfroms I can use. I your opinion which do you prefer? Android, Linux, ATV2, etc. If I am going to purchase another platform to install Kodi I would love your opinion on your preference. I understand this is personal choice not an endorsement for one product over another. Also which one would be easiest for a noob to install Kodi on?
Currently the Raspberry Pi 2 seems the platform to use with openelec installed.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-02-04, 17:39)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 17:39)jmcroberts Wrote: So can Kodi be installed on ATV1? This is the main question I had?

Nope not possible

I have been following this thread. Seems to have some success.
http://forum.osmc.tv/showthread.php?tid=...#pid115746

No crystalbuntu installer yet but i think its going to be part of osmc.
thanks IhuckleberryI I will watch this one
The answer is actually yes, yes you can still run Kodi on an ATV1.

Hardware video decoding under the BCHD (wiki) has been removed from official Kodi builds, OE doesn't provide ATV builds anymore, and OSMC hasn't released an official build yet, but you can compile and run Kodi just fine even without modifying the code if you use Crystalbuntu (the predecessor to OSMC) or a custom Ubuntu install. Adding BCHD support back in has been done in unofficial builds ( http://forum.osmc.tv/showthread.php?tid=16811 ), but we have no official Team Kodi support for that anymore.

Even if you don't have a BCHD or it stops working, the old ATV1 is still able to handle a number of formats in software, or can be used as a music player, or even some light emulators along with Rom Collection Browser, etc.

Of course, I wouldn't recommend anyone ever go out and buy an ATV1, but if you happen to have one, why not tinker around with it? Getting old things to work and do new things one of the reasons people got into XBMC/Kodi in the first place :)

EDIT: Also, if you ever decide the electrical usage is not worth it, you can hollow out the ATV1's case very easily and use it for a Raspberry Pi 2 and have enough room for an internal power supply and a couple of 2.5 HDDs or one 3.5 HDD. I have dead ATV1's that I've kept just for the nice case! :D
Do you know how long I have watched ebay for affordable broken ATV 1's just for the case? Its not made of a special precious metal, but it sure sells for the same value by some people on ebay!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple gen 1 and Kodi0