Win [wip] Lovelytunes - A smart downloader & organiser for music lovers
Music 
Hi!

LovelyTunes is a powerful software, similar to headphones, but as a Windows desktop application.

Main Features
  • A slick and beautifull interface. Easy to use and configure.
  • Get your whole music library imported with automatic corrections and covers.
  • FingerPrint Track recognition.
  • Mashup APIs. For searching and discovering artists, albums or songs.
  • Batch or single Tags editor.
  • Automatic downloads by uTorrent, Transmission or SabNZBD.
  • Torrents and nzb searchers.
  • Notifications on your desktop or phone.

Currently, LovelyTunes is in Closed Beta. So if you would like access feel free to drop me an email, or a pm.

If you have any questions or suggestions, you are welcome.

Thanks!

Url:
http://lovely-tunes.com/

Screens:

interesting concept, looks promising. does it support creation of artist and album NFO's as well as artist poster and fanart?
(2013-08-30, 23:35)deh2k7 Wrote: interesting concept, looks promising. does it support creation of artist and album NFO's as well as artist poster and fanart?
Thanks!

I just added the functionality of generation of nfo Smile In the artist view, or release view you can click and generate the file. However, all the information will not always be available
Artist fanart is automatically retrieved from the api of fanart.tv
Being able to manage artist NFO's would be awesome! Plenty of track and tag editors out there, but there's still album info and artist info that is rather hard to manage, except using XBMC scrapers. any plans to add album NFO as well - review's for albums would be great. what data sources do you use for artist info? Last.FM, Allmusic, TheAudioDB? Is it selectable?

I'll be happy to test with my collection - Have well over 1000 albums and about 12k tracks in total. If you send me a PM with a link to download, I'll check it out this weekend.
I added both nfo generator Wink

As you can see on the screenshot below, If a review or a description exist for the album it is retrieved. I also calculate a rating following the last.fm listening and metacritic score

Currently, i use this api:
AcoustID
Echonest
FanArtTV
LastFM
and of course musicbrainz.

Audio DB is on the way.

I still polish the beta release. It will certainly be ready early next week.
Wow, this is fantastic, thanks for the development! I have been a headphones vip user, but was struggling with quite a few points to stopped using it. if this may be able to replace it, this would be a great win!!! a few questions:

1) What is the source for identifying the discography of each artist? If it is musicbrainz, how do you get around the API restriction (which led the requirements of headphones to "go VIP" with a mirror"? If it is musicbrainz, which release do you pull from the release group?

2) Is it possible to limit the discography to only "official releases" from musicbrainz. I was always annoyed in headphones that it had to include hundreds of "unofficial" bottlegs for some artists?

3) Besides artist nfo and artwork, will it also allow to download artist poster? Those are the three items that I am desperately looking to auto-scrape to my harddisk. Would this do the trick?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
To be honest it is by using Headphones I had the idea to develop my own tool.
All requests made ​​to MusicBrainz (or others) are cached locally. This should significantly reduce the risks of restrictions. Furthermore, I have the idea to use audiodb first, and MusicBrainz in fallback only.
By default, LovelyTunes recovered only official albums. And I think it's better like that ...
All images are stored locally; and when generating the nfo file paths are givenWink

(sorry for my bad english)
(2013-08-31, 02:14)LovelyTunes Wrote: To be honest it is by using Headphones I had the idea to develop my own tool.

All requests made ​​to MusicBrainz (or others) are cached locally. This should significantly reduce the risks of restrictions.

This is great to hear!

(2013-08-31, 02:14)LovelyTunes Wrote: Furthermore, I have the idea to use audiodb first, and MusicBrainz in fallback only.

Not sure whether I get this. How do you "define" the discography? If I have one album of (let's say) Guns N' Roses. How do you determine what are all albums out there? For example, there is a Greatest Hits (2010) album, which is official and in Musicbrainz, but not AudioDB. Do you define this as part of the GNR discography or would this not show up?

*** edit *** compare the following pages to illustrate what I mean. This album should be 14 songs with official releases, but audiodb lists it as 12 releases, which is the number from one of the bootlegs:
http://www.theaudiodb.com/album/2110298
http://musicbrainz.org/release-group/cdf...6ccd4d74ce

(2013-08-31, 02:14)LovelyTunes Wrote: By default, LovelyTunes recovered only official albums. And I think it's better like that ...

I completely agree, but how do you do it? Musicbrainz has release groups (which are not specified as offical or unofficial) and releases (which are classified as official and others). For example, GNR Appetite for Destruction is one release group / album, but has 21 releases. Which release do you pull for lovelytunes? Given you show tracks, you would need to show one?

(2013-08-31, 02:14)LovelyTunes Wrote: All images are stored locally; and when generating the nfo file paths are givenWink

What you mean by stored locally? Will it add NFO, poster jpg and fanart jpeg into the artist folder where my music is stored?

(2013-08-31, 02:14)LovelyTunes Wrote: (sorry for my bad english)

No worries, reads well and clear to me ;-)
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
this is definitely exciting to hear about the various features. i am really looking forward to trying it out. i might also recommend adding allmusic.com as a source of info for albums and artists, maybe not immediately but when you have time. definitely want to add my support for grabbing artist both poster and fanart.
I use audioDB only looking for artist. If no result is returned, so I use MusicBrainz.
Instead, looking for the album, it is only MusicBrainz that is operated. I use the request Release-Group.
Only official albums are recovered. I do not get the compilations. (compilations is evil o_o)

Finally, all images (fanart, thumb etc) are downloaded, so it is easy to recover. Images are stored in the application directory but in the nfo you have the full path of each image.

In any case it is a pleasure to see your enthusiasm. Thanks!
Thanks for your message, indeed very exciting.

It feels that you are "studio albums" based on release group rather than "official albums". What I mean is the following (sticking to my example of Guns N' Roses). Below is based on Musicbrainz:

Studio Albums
* Appetite for destruction (12 official releases)
* GNR Lies (6 official releases)
* Use your Illusion I (7 official releases, 1 unofficial release)
* Use your Illusion II (7 official releases, 1 unofficial release)
* Dirty Street (1 unofficial release)
* Spaghetti Incident (5 official releases)
* Chinese Democracy (6 official releases, 2 unofficial releases)
* .44 Caliber Horticulture Vol. 1 (1 unofficial release)

Compilation
* Best Ballads (1 unofficial)
* Use Your Illusion (1 official)
* Welcome To The Videos (1 official)
* Greatest Hits (4 official)
* Greatest Hits (1 official)
* Guns N' Roses Family Tree (1 unofficial)
* 2 for 1: Appetite for Destruction + G N'R Lies (1 official)
* Best Ballads (1 unofficial)
* Come Together (1 unofficial)
* Destruction, Suicide, Lies and Other Incidents (1 unofficial)
* Greatest Hits (1 unofficial)
* Hit Collection 2000 (1 unofficial)
* Make My Day (1 unofficial)
* No Refrain (1 unofficial)
* Platinum (1 unofficial)
* Platinum Collection 2000 (1 unofficial)
* Rarities: 1985-1994 (1 unofficial)
* Remasters (1 unofficial)
* Sessions (1 unofficial)
* The Golden Collection (1 unofficial)
* The Story, Volume 1 (1 unofficial)
* Use Your Illusion (Deluxe Edition) (1 unofficial)

My guess is that you currently scrape all 8 studio albums although 2 include only unofficial releases. Ideally, you would only scrape the 6 official studio albums,but also scrape the 4 official compilations (they are not too evil if you limit yourself to the official ones). Same for Remix albums and Live albums.

Thoughts?
I have done some tests. And unfortunately I can not distinguish the official compilations of others. it's so much more data to be retrieved. But I think adding an option "Snatch compilations" which is disabled by default.
What do u think of that?
My worry is less the compilation, but adding unofficial studio albums (for example ".44 Caliber Horticulture Vol. 1" mentioned above). Would be really great if they would not be scraped as this is some unofficial bootleg crap...

Is there any way you can only pull release groups that have at least one official release?
the problem is that this album is actually in the elements retrieved. But I noticed that for this kind of album the informations is incomplete So I think i'am abble to exclude them.

For Guns N' roses this the list of the albums retrieved:

<album>
<title>Appetite for Destruction</title>
<year>1987</year>
</album>
<album>
<title>Use Your Illusion II</title>
<year>1991</year>
</album>
<album>
<title>Use Your Illusion I</title>
<year>1991</year>
</album>
<album>
<title>"The Spaghetti Incident?"</title>
<year>1993</year>
</album>
<album>
<title>G N' R Lies</title>
<year>1988</year>
</album>
<album>
<title>Chinese Democracy</title>
<year>2008</year>
</album>
<album>
<title>Dirty Streets</title>
<year>1991</year>
</album>
</artist>

Seem's good uh?
Dirty Streets is still in the list, which is not an official album.I think the only way is to query the releases?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[wip] Lovelytunes - A smart downloader & organiser for music lovers1