Android Remote doesn't work (not the usual problem)
OK.. I know you heard of this problem probably a mil. times.. my android remote for XBMC doesn't work -_-
I can use "Watch your Movies" and fast forward through the movie / video clip. but cant stop it
OR use the "Remote control" which is my biggest problem!

When I use http:\\PC_IPTongueORT -> push "remote control" the: left, right, play, pause, stop, (everything really) works perfectly -_- just doesn't work with the app itself -_-
Doesn't work with Yatse either (no offense.. I only installed it to check if that would work)

I have searched fare and wide..

I'm running XBMC 12.2
Android remote 1.0.9
I enabled Webserver with port 8080 (tried with other ports as well)
Checked "Allow programs on other system to control XBMC
Reinstalled XBMC remote and XBMC
Allowed private (and public, just in case) access in windows firewall (also tried disabling the firewall all together)

I teamed up with a friend to do this:
Format both PCs with same windows 7 installation, same antivirus, same updates etc..

my phone and his ran XBMC remote perfectly on his PC(x58). None of our phones are able to connect to my PC (z87)
---

To make things more awkward, after 4 hours of troubleshooting last night, I uninstalled XMBC and installed it on D: rather than C: with the sittings above, and it worked!! thinking that the reinstall did the trick, I than uninstalled and reinstalled on C: and it didnt work again -_- (stupid me) so reinstalled on D: again, but this time it didn't work -_- tried E: just in case it wanted a new drive each time ? :S but that didn't work ether -_-

WHY DIDN'T I JUST LEAVE IT ON D:Huh Sad

As I said, I've read on A LOT of forums about this, and followed many guides (witch all seems to go in the same direction) with no luck Sad I'm fairly sure the motherboard is to blame some how, since my phone works perfect on my friends PC.

System specs:
MSI z87-gd65 gaming
Intel 4670K
Corsair dominator 2x8gb 1866mhz
GTX 680
Samsung 830 128GB (OS disk)
Samsung 840pro 256GB
Windows 7 ultimate
100% stable..

Plz help! I just want it to work again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Remote doesn't work (not the usual problem)0