Order movie folder
Hi there,
I have a Movies folder with around 60 movies. Some of them are files, some of them are subfolders and within it the movie file and perhaps supplemental files such as .srt.

I have tried to use filebot but now all files have a NAME (YEAR).EXT format which lost other info such as 1080p, codec etc. The subdir names have not been touched.

Ideally I would like to end up with a structure in which ALL movies are contained into a directory/folder with the name, year, and other relevant info and within it the movie file renamed as filebot likes is allright with the .srt and any art or other material.

How can I achieve this on either Mac or Linux with a standalone prog or an XBMC extension ?

Thanks a lot.
Can't help you with a file renaming utility, but why not just scan your movies into the library and then you can have access to metadata for your movies without having to include stuff in the folder/file names?
thanks rafael,
what you say makes sense. it's just a little added convenience to have some basic parameters such as resolution also in the directory name since for example it can make it easy for me to spot while out of XBMC if there's a new version of the movie with a better resolution.
Also for example the directory name can contain info which is NOT in the metadata for example which program I used to encode the file.

Take care
For 60 movies I would simply name them by hand.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-08-30, 21:27)rjalex Wrote: I have tried to use filebot but now all files have a NAME (YEAR).EXT format which lost other info such as 1080p, codec etc. The subdir names have not been touched.

FileBot will move/rename files exactly as specified by via the format:
http://www.filebot.net/naming.html

You'll wanna define an absolute path for your structure and use {n} {y} {vf} or other bindings to define what should be in the filename.
Thanks a lot. Will try to run it again with better templates !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Order movie folder0