Super noob! What gives
Hello all. I just became aware of the entire media center world along with XBMC and I’m very excited to learn.

While learning all about XBMC (running on pivos xios ds) I was trying to customize my set up with a Skin but when I go into Appearance>Skin>Get More and download the new skin and switch to it all my add ons are gone. I bought the unit preinstalled. Any help as to how to change the skin and to have access to all the add-ons that were preinstalled would be nice. Also if anyone know what I could read tolearn more about how all this works ‘d be greatly appreciate it. I keep reading post but have no idea what a repository is and how to access all the extensions. My mind is blown. Thanks!
The wiki is a good place to start. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Aeon Nox should have installed with all the addons it needs to work. The wiki has instructions for different ways of installing more.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-08-30, 23:37)wgstarks Wrote: The wiki is a good place to start. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Aeon Nox should have installed with all the addons it needs to work. The wiki has instructions for different ways of installing more.

Ah thanks for the link! I applied the Aeon Nox (and other skins) through the appearance route and then I also was able to find it through the add-on tab as well. When performing both of these methods I can successfully change the skin but when you select the movie tab for example from the main screen all the stuff that would usually be there (MashUp and such) is all gone nothing but blanks lol

Any ideas what gives? Do I need to reboot or something? Thanks from this super noob... I’m going to change my screen name to that lol
(2013-08-30, 23:37)wgstarks Wrote: The wiki is a good place to start. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Ah thanks for the link! I applied the Aeon Nox (and other skins) through the appearance route and then I also was able to find it through the add-on tab as well. When selecting both of these methods I can successfully change the skin but when you select the movie for example on the main screen all the stuff that would usually be (MashUp and such) is all gone nothing these but blanks lol

Any ideas what gives? Do I need to reboot or something? Thanks from this super noob... I’m going to change my screen name to that lol
Aeon Nox is very much a complex skin. Confluence, while a great skin, isn't highly customizable. It's quite straight forward.

Your addons aren't gone, there just isn't a place for them to be displayed(yet). You can use widgets, such as icon panels, to display them wherever you wish. You can find them via skin settings -> main menu customizers. Select the entry where you want them to appear and then go to widget 1 or 2. Select icon panels. This will display a series of panels that are initially blank, but you can add whatever you wish to it(addons, programs, built in fuctions, etc).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Super noob! What gives0