MythTV PVR client problems (1.6.11)
I'm using a home-built cmyth pvr plugin, v1.6.11. After dealing with the issue in this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171106

I was able to get live TV and recordings to work. However, after some amount of time (undetermined as of yet, but maybe a day?), live TV will stop working. If I try it while in the bad state, it times out after 30 seconds, appears to restart the process and times out again after 30 seconds. Comparing xbmc.log for a working and a non-working scenario, I get the impression that the MythEventHandler::MythEventHandlerPrivate thread isn't really running.

Unfortunately I haven't yet found a way to force it into this bad state to improve the debugging process. Hoping someone else here recognizes this.
Why use a home built plugin instead of the one included with xbmc?
(2013-09-01, 01:03)allan87 Wrote: Why use a home built plugin instead of the one included with xbmc?

Because the one included w/ XBMC has different more and more disruptive bugs. And now that I've answered this question, I hope that you have something to offer as followup.
"different more and more disruptive bugs". Mine seems to work very well on two different platforms (mac and RPi). Have you considered trying it again? Have you considered reporting the bugs you have encountered on trac.xbmc.org?
What is the backend doing when it all goes wrong?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-09-02, 01:07)allan87 Wrote: "different more and more disruptive bugs". Mine seems to work very well on two different platforms (mac and RPi).

That's great news.

(2013-09-02, 01:07)allan87 Wrote: Have you considered trying it again? Have you considered reporting the bugs you have encountered on trac.xbmc.org?

The one bug that was particularly bothersome (recordings list not being updated) is fixed in 1.6.11, which is why I'm using it, so it seems redundant to log a ticket for it.. .but thanks for your help.
Quote:recordings list not being updated
That was fixed eons ago. It had something to do with daylight savings time.
(2013-09-03, 20:53)allan87 Wrote:
Quote:recordings list not being updated
That was fixed eons ago. It had something to do with daylight savings time.

In what version was it fixed?
I think 1.6.10

https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-add...bd79a5c76d
BTW, I have been using the Gotham alphas for a while. The alpha 7 for OS X, is fine, but a serious new myth bug emerged in alpha 7 for RPi (seek/skip are broken). Works great in Alpha 6, however. On the RPi, i have been using the Rbej custom OpenELEC build dated July 3, 2013, which works very well.
Ok.. So eons == 5 months.. and in those eons, was an official binary release of 1.6.10 made available?
I believe that the plugin on all of the Gotham Alpha builds is newer than 1.6.10, but see my earlier message if you are using a Raspberry Pi.
(2013-09-02, 10:58)nickr Wrote: What is the backend doing when it all goes wrong?

Nick, mythbackend isn't logging anything interesting/unusual. Is there something specific (or a mode under which I should run it to find what) you're looking for?
No mine is a bit underpowered and sometimes mythbackend (o.25) startis using excessive cpu and ups the load average to 6 to 9. When that happens i get failures on frontends (myth and xbmc) and some of the xbmc failures seem a bit like yours.

Probably my problem is unrelated to yours.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV PVR client problems (1.6.11)0