XBMC Synchronization
Hi!
I'm trying to synchronize my video library data between my living room computer, and my bedroom computer. I followed this guide: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL
When I start XBMC using the advancedsettings.xml file, it won't find any of my videos in the libraries, but they do appear in the file folders.
Here is my xbmc.log.
I appreciate any help I can get.
Upload a debug log (wiki) - can't really tell anything from your log if you don't turn on debugging.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Sounds like you didn't import a library to your blank MySQL library. Once you set up MySQL in the advancedsettings.xml file, it gives you a fresh library to start off with, hence the exporting/importing steps mentioned in the MySQL (wiki) guide.
(2013-09-01, 02:14)MilhouseVH Wrote: Upload a debug log (wiki) - can't really tell anything from your log if you don't turn on debugging.
Here's my debug log.
(2013-09-01, 10:30)Ned Scott Wrote: Sounds like you didn't import a library to your blank MySQL library. Once you set up MySQL in the advancedsettings.xml file, it gives you a fresh library to start off with, hence the exporting/importing steps mentioned in the MySQL (wiki) guide.
I reinstalled both instances of XBMC, but I cannot seem to update the library. Also, where does the exported library get stored? I don't get any question as to where I want to save it.
Your database is empty, there are no items. Either you haven't scanned anything in, or you're using the wrong database (perhaps using the local SQLite3 databases instead of MySQL. I would suggest turning off MySQL and starting XBMC, if XBMC works without a problem then XBMC isn't using MySQL - if it is trying to use MySQL, then you should see connection messages in the log.

As for why nothing scans in on the client, what is in your sources.xml on this client? Have you set the content correctly?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-09-01, 13:46)MilhouseVH Wrote: Your database is empty, there are no items. Either you haven't scanned anything in, or you're using the wrong database (perhaps using the local SQLite3 databases instead of MySQL. I would suggest turning off MySQL and starting XBMC, if XBMC works without a problem then XBMC isn't using MySQL - if it is trying to use MySQL, then you should see connection messages in the log.

As for why nothing scans in on the client, what is in your sources.xml on this client? Have you set the content correctly?
Here is my sources.xml. When I disable (rename) my advancedsettings.xml file, it starts up and loads the library correctly.
(2013-09-01, 14:05)Akiba Wrote: When I disable (rename) my advancedsettings.xml file, it starts up and loads the library correctly.

Of course it will, it will be using the local SQLite3 databases. Switch back to using your advancedsettings.xml but now with the MySQL server stopped, and see what happens - if XMBC continues to start up OK, you're not using MySQL.

(2013-09-01, 14:05)Akiba Wrote: Here is my sources.xml.

So you're using UNC for paths? Not really the best idea, you would be better off using SMB paths on every client.

And have you set the content on this source (ie. to Movies, and chosen your scraper - eg. Universal Movie Scraper)?
(2013-09-01, 10:40)Akiba Wrote: I reinstalled both instances of XBMC, but I cannot seem to update the library. Also, where does the exported library get stored? I don't get any question as to where I want to save it.

Along side the video files. You'll notice a bunch of "NFO" files that contain the metadata, so it can be scanned in just as you has it set up before.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Synchronization0