Failed to start common plugin cache
(2014-02-05, 01:00)pxbmc1 Wrote: Hey Guys
I don't want to step on any toe's and none of this is my work I have simply applied Koying's fix and re-ziped the files.
It seems to be all working at the moment so I thought I would put this out as a temp patch untill the maintainer fixes the official version.
All credit goes to Koying, HenrikDK and The Collective for their hard work.
If you go to settings/Add-ons/install from zip file
and select the zip file below;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bs904t

I hope this works for everyone and if I'm not allowed to post this please let me know and I'll take it down.
Works for me. Thank you! :-)
Works for me too many thanks for sharing Wink
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Works great! Thank you.
Thank you to all involved with this fix as it works a treat.
iechyd da
Many thanks pxbmc1.

This is really useful.

Hope official patch is pushed soon.

Thanks to koying et all for their tireless work. Wish I knew how to help.
hi,
i used your source code, and it solved the error on start up XBMC,
but when i tries to work with art downloader (it uses the common.cache), i get script error at the common.cache,
before the update it worked, but with the start up error.

this is the log:
http://pastebin.com/WfLAFAr9

can you please fix it?
Hi CaTz,
It looks like the official version has been updated to 2.5.4 now and it is working fine on my android device (including artwork downloader).
Check your settings/add-ons/ and make sure the new update has installed and hopefully you shouldn't have any more problems.
Can anobody help please i have this problem with common cache fail start and remote fail some thing my log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=131263
??
chadi this should be fixed for adroid since v2.5.4.
What OS are you on?
I would suggest you to uninstall the 13 and 14 versions of xbmc and install frodo 12.3 no doubt its slow, but most of incompatible addons works and also common cache problem solved. As per my view these beta versions are crap... Because one cannot take a full advantage of all the addons...

No criticism, just my point of view...

Thanks
(2014-09-14, 00:13)meetisthebest Wrote: I would suggest you to uninstall the 13 and 14 versions of xbmc and install frodo 12.3 no doubt its slow, but most of incompatible addons works and also common cache problem solved. As per my view these beta versions are crap... Because one cannot take a full advantage of all the addons...

No criticism, just my point of view...

Thanks

As far as I know, all of the add-ons being discussed in this thread have long since been fixed. XBMC is not "beta crap" just because add-ons are not updated right away. Running 12.3 on Android also means less hardware video acceleration support for most boxes, and no support if you are using an official v12.3 build.

No offense, but your point of view is flawed and just plain bad advice.
Ok don't know if this is the problem or not but after using an installation wizard my fire stick was trying to load srp helix, Gotham and isengard I uninstalled helix and Gotham and it stoped the message but I have been at it for a while and it could just be a time factor on the message stopping as I have only just set up my fire stick again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failed to start common plugin cache0