Win Back to EDEN
Here is my setup.

HTPC > HDMI > TV
HTPC > SPDIF > AVR

I know that the SUGGESTED setup is

HTPC > HDMI > AVR > HDMI > TV

But this does not work for me. Why? Because there are times I do not want my AVR Turned on just to watch TV shows in Stereo.

I wanted MY setup because I could simply turn on the TV and watch a Show and if I wanted to watch a Movie, I would just turn the AVR on and Lower the Volume
on my TV or Leave the TV Volume On if I wanted to.

Frodo makes this impossible with its Audio Engine. I tried every Possible way until I found Dual Audio for Eden 11.

So I went back to Eden. No need to buy a HDMI to Toslink Splitter or anything of that sort.

This issue needs to be resolved in Frodo.

Thank you for the Dual Audio patch. I am sticking with Eden until I am able to send 5.1 via SPDIF to my AVR when the need arises.

This bothered me for a long time. So Thank you to whoever came out with the XMBC Dual Audio patch for Windows. It works and it makes our lives easier.
The AVR doesn't have a passive (or whatever it's called) mode where it passes the signal to the TV if the AVR is off?
No unfortunately my AVR needs to be ON all the time, otherwise it does not pass Audio to the TV.

This is a major problem because my AVR happens to be a Harman Kardon power sucker.

As good as Audio Engine is, it fails to send the same output stream to my computer's Realtek SPDIF output even if I select it as a Passthrough device.

I use Direct Sound for this purpose but Microsoft really mucked up its audio. They made it better in so many ways, just like Audio Engine of XBMC but destroyed other functionality. So my solution was to use the XBMC Dual Audio which processes a single DD or DTS stream Twice, Syncs it, And sends both to Seperate outputs.

I may be losing out on newer Audio formats with Eden, but since I do not use them anyway, and can't even tell the difference, I figured I best stick with Eden.

Eden is losing support, but I don't go into XBMC to look at the weather. Eden works for me, and I have not noticed any performance loss. I will still be Keeping my Frodo installation incase someone figures out how to do this with Frodo.

I am running Portable mode on both Eden and Frodo so it keeps the installations seperate, but since getting my Setup working, I have not touched Frodo.

In my opinion, HDMI is simply a terrible technology with the inclusion of HDCP. It never made sense to me why I should UPGRADE yet again to another AVR, or resort to buying a HDMI Switcher/Matrix/Splitter box just for this. I do not buy AVR for tons of Features. I prefer sound quality Above an Overload of features and my HK provides top notch sound so I will not be changing it.

Now all I have to do is lower my TV volume and my AVR still does 5.1, and if I watch a 2 Channel program, I just turn off the AVR and the TV continues to supply sound through Nvidia's HDMI.

I just hope that whoever made that Dual Audio Patch for Eden did not have Bad Intentions as I had to Enable it Internet Access from my Firewall. In any case, its just an HTPC, won't get much out of that if he's out to gain something. All I know is that it works so thanks to him.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back to EDEN0