Cannot play (dutch public) streams anymore
Dear all,

I'm pretty new here, but have been using XBMC for about half a year now. I'm using XBMC on a dedicated (old) Mac mini and did not experience any problems in streaming some (Dutch) internet channels before a three weeks ago.
At the moment, when I start a stream, I get the following famous error message: "Playback Failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details." If I do so, I got this:

<code>
21:19:29 T:2956513280 ERROR: Open - error probing input format, http://livestreams.omroep.nl/npo/cultura24-sb
21:19:29 T:2956513280 ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
21:19:29 T:2897357352 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 2, path [http://livestreams.omroep.nl/npo/cultura24-sb]
</code>

I did several searches on Google and xbmc fora but couldn't find the answer. Furthermore, I did a (re)install on another computer, which results in the same problems.

I think that something has to do with geoloc-restrictions. There are two dutch-public-channels which do work (news). Probably these channels are not restricted.
The strange thing, however, is that when I start these streams from a web-browser, the streams do work. That indicates that the IP address isn't blocked by the TV-channel-provider. Or am I mistaken?

I verified the region settings in XBMC, which was set OK.

What could be the problem, and how could I fix it? It has been working before, and suddenly it broke.

Thank you very much in advance!

Kees.
Npo.nl changed it. Which means these static links will not play any more. It could be that some of those still will work. But not for long I presume.

Use the XOT-Uzg.v3 addon and got to "NPO.nl". Not sure though of some of these got geoloc-restrictions.
Thanx for the reply. I did have xot but didn't install it on the clean installation I talked about.
I will look into it. I'll come back later
Small update. I tried the solution of tikkiew and it worked.

Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot play (dutch public) streams anymore0