• 41(current)
Amber for Frodo - Support thread
(2014-01-30, 02:06)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-01-30, 01:47)bigwillch Wrote: the random ones. I don't know enough about the theming system but would it be possible to wrap those includes in some kind of conditional statement based on a boolean value set in theme settings or similar?

Ohh, I did not say it is impossible. Sure, you can make a skin setting for it.

Then you end up with a settings inside script.widgets + another set of (same) options in a skin. I can see support questions

- why are there similar settings for the same thing?
- I enabled it in skin settings but it does not work?
- I enabled it in widgets but I'm still out of luck?

Ah, I see your point. Well at least I now know how to change it manually if required Smile

As a matter of interest does anyone find recommended movies at all useful? Mine just seems to show me the same list all the time, some of which are watched and some which are unfinished and a few others which I don't see the relevance of at all. Personally I'd be quite happy to have recommended movies disabled completely (recommended TV on the other hand is incredibly useful)
I have made a separate thread for PVR stuff here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184956

It would be nice to keep discussion in one place so I can eventually merge your code suggestions into official release. Of course, feel free to ignore it if you have no interest in helping others and are doing changes just for yourselves.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-01-30, 01:47)bigwillch Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 10:46)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-01-29, 02:43)asha_man Wrote: Hi there, is it possible to enable recent shelf in movies, and just the Recommended shelf in TV shows? Currently I have both on tv shows, but only want recommended showing.

No. Script widgets (info provider) does not support it.

On this note. I just did an experiment whereby I commented out line 109 in Includes_Shelf_Contents.xml, and then reloaded the skin. This hid the recommended movies but kept the random ones. I don't know enough about the theming system but would it be possible to wrap those includes in some kind of conditional statement based on a boolean value set in theme settings or similar?

The line I commented out was:
<include condition="SubString(Window(Home).Property(SkinWidgets_Recommended),t,left)">RecommendedMovieContent</include>

Thanks for this, I used your comment as inspiration and edited the file too.
I commented out this segment -
<include name="Recent.Episodes.List">
and this -
<include name="RecentEpisodeContent">

and I've got what I wanted Smile

Commenting out the first part was necessary as otherwise the background to the Recent tv episodes was still visible.
(2014-01-30, 01:54)Levi59 Wrote: Updated by xbmc update manager has not corrected the problem (apparently always the same version 1.3.2).

So I tried the patch of DBMandrake, and the issue with scrollbar is fixed, however there is always a point that bothers me with the view "list" when I navigate to the folder of the seasons of a series. The small symbol "seen / not seen" no longer appears and I find it annoying especially on big series like NCIS or Stargate SG-1.

Will has a new setting for that?

up
Just started using Amber with Frodo 12.3 on my win 7 64 bit computer. I'm having a few problems with this:

1) I'm using vertical main menu on home screen. I find that the the scrolling with the mouse between the menus is too fast and takes a lot of effort to click on the desired menu which is very inconvenient. Is there any way to slow it down?

2) I've added a few channels on the main menu so that they can be accessed right away and also added their logos in the background using settings/backgrounds. But none of these backgrounds automatically adjust to the screen resolution. If the background resolution is bigger than the screen, then part of it is clipped. But if the resolution is lower then the background is stretched to the full resolution. I was using Ace skin before Amber & didn't have any such problems.

Thanks!
Hi,

I've got a problem with Amber on Frodo 12.3 running on a Macbook Air. For some reason when the library updates on startup the new movie posters don't show up on the shelf for (recent items). Anyone know why this might be?
(2014-01-31, 04:42)Levi59 Wrote:
(2014-01-30, 01:54)Levi59 Wrote: Updated by xbmc update manager has not corrected the problem (apparently always the same version 1.3.2).

So I tried the patch of DBMandrake, and the issue with scrollbar is fixed, however there is always a point that bothers me with the view "list" when I navigate to the folder of the seasons of a series. The small symbol "seen / not seen" no longer appears and I find it annoying especially on big series like NCIS or Stargate SG-1.

Will has a new setting for that?

up

I have this

(2014-02-02, 11:28)indijones Wrote: 1) I'm using vertical main menu on home screen. I find that the the scrolling with the mouse between the menus is too fast and takes a lot of effort to click on the desired menu which is very inconvenient. Is there any way to slow it down?

2) I've added a few channels on the main menu so that they can be accessed right away and also added their logos in the background using settings/backgrounds. But none of these backgrounds automatically adjust to the screen resolution. If the background resolution is bigger than the screen, then part of it is clipped. But if the resolution is lower then the background is stretched to the full resolution. I was using Ace skin before Amber & didn't have any such problems.

1) Really don't know.
2) Just use 16:9 ratio images.

(2014-02-03, 01:28)tooshna Wrote: I've got a problem with Amber on Frodo 12.3 running on a Macbook Air. For some reason when the library updates on startup the new movie posters don't show up on the shelf for (recent items). Anyone know why this might be?

Several reasons come to my mind but I don't know which one may be related to your setup.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

This is what I currently have. The problem is that before, instead of numbers, there were round icon indicating the seasons 'seen or unseen' which was much more convenient.

I still have version 1.3.2 patched to redisplay the scrollbar and I do not know if it is a non-editable aesthetic choice or if there is an option to show them again.
(2014-02-03, 11:24)Levi59 Wrote: This is what I currently have. The problem is that before, instead of numbers, there were round icon indicating the seasons 'seen or unseen' which was much more convenient.

Any why were icons more convenient as opposed to numbers?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I did not need to know how many episodes I still have to see, just that I have not seen everything yet and I find the little icon more aesthetics. It would be nice if we can choose the appearance of the indicator (figure or icon) in preference of skin ...
I prefer the numbers. It communicates two things instead of one, ergo is the better UX in my opinion
Great skin, thanks for all your hard work Pecinko. I was setting up a second profile the other day and noticed that all of the artwork on the shelf items (i.e. recommended, random, recent) was being duplicated in the second profile. So all the movies I have on the main profile basically garble up the second profile. I only have 3 movies in the second profile, so only those three should appear. I did setup the profile to copy settings from default, but start fresh for sources, not sure if that helps. Is this expected behavior?
After switching profiles choose reload skin from the sub menu below settings - does that fix it temporarily ?
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
Hi there

I love this skin am I do apologise if this had been discussed I couldn't see it although I didn't read all 60 odd pages ha ha the view types. I was wondering how to set them permanently for movies and TV shows I like fan art and general menu I use icon I don't mind just having fanart all around but is there a way to make it stay on the setting without having to change it every menu that would be great. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
(2014-02-05, 09:06)DBMandrake Wrote: After switching profiles choose reload skin from the sub menu below settings - does that fix it temporarily ?

Yes, reloading the skin is working to show the correct artwork. But there must be some caching issue, because I also notice that every movie I watch sticks in the first slot under the random shelf item. It will stay there until I go to settings and disable random, then re-enable it. Reloading does not fix this issue. Thanks for your suggestion.

edit: I've gone back into the settings and disabled random shelf items. Also enabled refreshing recent items whenever entering home screen. This seems to be working well without having to reload skin at all.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Frodo - Support thread10