• 2(current)
Amber for Frodo - Support thread
Thank you for the great skin, I really love it!

I do have one question though. Is it currently possible to use the outline rather than the plot for the movies when in the movie selection screen? Personally, I'd prefer it if I could view the whole plot - which can be quite long sometimes - in the info screen of the movie and during selection I'd only see the outline. The outline is enough for me to see what the movie is about.

Is that possible somehow?
(2013-09-03, 14:10)skaxx Wrote: Thank you for the great skin, I really love it!

I do have one question though. Is it currently possible to use the outline rather than the plot for the movies when in the movie selection screen? Personally, I'd prefer it if I could view the whole plot - which can be quite long sometimes - in the info screen of the movie and during selection I'd only see the outline. The outline is enough for me to see what the movie is about.

Is that possible somehow?

What viewmode are you talking about? Or all of them? Actually it's quite reasonable suggestion, IMO.
I'm using low list view, but I think the same thing applies to the other view modes as well (as far as they even show plot information during movie selection screen)
how do I make my view with the covers on the main screen? Image
(2013-09-03, 12:05)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 11:49)henrava Wrote: For the lyrics things, if i can, i suggest to look at skin "Bello", very nice lyrics integration. It's a good start point.

A little question: in the music osd, what is the heart in the left ?

It looks nice in Bello but I'm not sure about ease of use. I don't find navigation being obvious.

Heart is support for Last.Fm, probably obsolete now, not sure as I don't use it.

Thanks for the explanation Pecinko, i don't use last.fm too.

I understand your point about the navigation in the lyrics screen, probably need to be more simple.
Well, you are the coder of this fantastic skin, i hope you find a solution between usability / looking good !
Thumbs Up 
Congratulations on the stable release im loving this skin Smile

One request when you have time make a viewmode for tv shows like this using banners, with or without the poster

This is from metroTV and Metropolis have something similar but couldnt find a screenshoot and im not at home atm to get it either
Once more, congratulations on the stable release it's awesome!

I'd like to remind two suggestions which were made in the old thread.

- Video OSD to top of the screen & progress-bar to bottom (to not overlap subtitles)
- Recently added, Recommended and Random into 1 row below the menu (like it was before) ?OPTIONAL?
Congratulations on a great skin.

Don't know if this is by design or not, but the Favorites shelf does not show applications.

Special thanks for the choice of Hor or Ver menus.
(2013-09-03, 16:34)Jhey Wrote: how do I make my view with the covers on the main screen?

In skin settings choose:

- Horizontal or vertical home layout
- enable media Shelf
- pick up items to show on the shelf - Recently added, recommended, random

(2013-09-03, 19:02)ixnu Wrote: Don't know if this is by design or not, but the Favorites shelf does not show applications.

Favourites should show first 5/10 items from favourites, regardless of favourite item type.

(2013-09-03, 18:09)BradleyR Wrote: This is from metroTV and Metropolis have something similar but couldnt find a screenshoot and im not at home atm to get it either

Something similar maybe but not like on posted screenshot, for several reasons.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-09-03, 20:49)pecinko Wrote: Something similar maybe but not like on posted screenshot, for several reasons.

Yeh something similar would be awesome, just used the screenshot as an example Tongue
(2013-09-03, 11:03)XBMC4me Wrote: It would completely suit my needs having "3D" in the filename thus resulting in a 3D-Thumb/Label if a file contains "3D".

It looks like the only way to do it currently is to hammer the list items in order to filter 3D from folder and file names. I'm trying to avoid that kind of "brute force" attack approach in Amber.

(2013-09-03, 20:57)BradleyR Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 20:49)pecinko Wrote: Something similar maybe but not like on posted screenshot, for several reasons.

Yeh something similar would be awesome, just used the screenshot as an example Tongue

Cool. Just trying to make myself clear so we don't end up with unfulfilled expectations Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-09-03, 20:49)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 16:34)Jhey Wrote: how do I make my view with the covers on the main screen?

In skin settings choose:

- Horizontal or vertical home layout
- enable media Shelf
- pick up items to show on the shelf - Recently added, recommended, random

Nope doesn't work, could this be due to using it on an ouya?
(2013-09-03, 21:43)Jhey Wrote: Nope doesn't work, could this be due to using it on an ouya?

No, that's not the problem.

Do you have movies/tv shows scanned to library? Or, in other words, do you have Movies and TV Shows in main menu?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-09-03, 21:52)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 21:43)Jhey Wrote: Nope doesn't work, could this be due to using it on an ouya?

No, that's not the problem.

Do you have movies/tv shows scanned to library? Or, in other words, do you have Movies and TV Shows in main menu?

Yes both
(2013-09-03, 22:00)Jhey Wrote: Yes both

Good. Where did you install Amber from?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Frodo - Support thread10