• 3(current)
Amber for Frodo - Support thread
Official XBMC Repo using addons on xbmc
(2013-09-03, 22:04)Jhey Wrote: Official XBMC Repo using addons on xbmc

Great, this means all dependant add-ons were installed correctly.

So I assume you have already set home layout to horizontal, you have your Movies and TV Shows in main menu and only thing missing is top shelf with movie covers?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-09-03, 22:05)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 22:04)Jhey Wrote: Official XBMC Repo using addons on xbmc

Great, this means all dependant add-ons were installed correctly.

So I assume you have already set home layout to horizontal, you have your Movies and TV Shows in main menu and only thing missing is top shelf with movie covers?

correct
(2013-09-03, 22:06)Jhey Wrote: correct

OK. If you go to Settings/Home Shelf you can see that first item in middle column is "Enable home shelf = Yes" ?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-09-03, 22:09)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 22:06)Jhey Wrote: correct

OK. If you go to Settings/Home Shelf you can see that first item in middle column is "Enable home shelf = Yes" ?

Yes, turned on and inside 'Configure Shelf items' all turned on etc
(2013-09-03, 22:11)Jhey Wrote: Yes, turned on and inside 'Configure Shelf items' all turned on etc

In that case skin.widgets is failing to supply shelf items. Your debug log might tell us more.

EDIT: Does switching to vertical layout help anyhow?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Nope, same when using vertical, it isn't too much of an issue, it's such a great skin anyway
(2013-09-03, 22:16)Jhey Wrote: Nope, same when using vertical, it isn't too much of an issue, it's such a great skin anyway

It would be nice to solve it as neither of ouya or rpi users reported similar problem during skin developement.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-09-03, 22:19)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 22:16)Jhey Wrote: Nope, same when using vertical, it isn't too much of an issue, it's such a great skin anyway

It would be nice to solve it as neither of ouya or rpi users reported similar problem during skin developement.

may uninstall and reinstall it see how that goes
Pecinko I'm still having a problem with the quit menu. I only have quit option available. All others are greyed out and not selectable from the menu's configuration
odd because it's fine on my other pi
ok that didn't fix it Sad
Ooh, got an automatic update to this today which I hadn't been expecting. Very impressive stuff and super fast on rpi.

I've got some requests. Some have been mentioned before (some by me!) but I figure it's worth laying them out again.

- Shelf: Think someone earlier also requested this, but I really think the option should be given to have the shelf items hidden by default and displayed by pressing up on the relevant screen (similar to how it was when there was a full screen shelf). The shelf is really useful but when it's always there I find it very obtrusive and makes the screen too busy and confusing.

- Recommended Items: Can this be optional for both TV shows and Movies? At the moment enabling Recommended Items brings it up for both. Personally I find the recommended TV Shows functionality incredibly useful and the recommended Movies functionality next to useless.

- Loading screen: With the removal of the loading animation for performance reasons, I think it'd be good to still dim the screen slightly when loading, as the popup message at the bottom isn't always noticeable and so users may sometimes think the system is stalling rather than loading.

- Random items: It seems that for me a bunch of the covers tend not to load for the random covers section of the shelf. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks again for such a great skin.
(2013-09-03, 23:17)Jhey Wrote: ok that didn't fix it Sad

When you uninstall add-on from XBMC it gets removed from addons folder, BUT it is still kept in /packages folder. When try to install it again, XBMC pulls the old add-on from the packages folder. You need to remove amber and skin.widgets from both addons and packages folders and then install Amber again.

(2013-09-03, 23:57)bigwillch Wrote: Ooh, got an automatic update to this today which I hadn't been expecting. Very impressive stuff and super fast on rpi.

I've got some requests. Some have been mentioned before (some by me!) but I figure it's worth laying them out again.

- Shelf: Think someone earlier also requested this, but I really think the option should be given to have the shelf items hidden by default and displayed by pressing up on the relevant screen (similar to how it was when there was a full screen shelf). The shelf is really useful but when it's always there I find it very obtrusive and makes the screen too busy and confusing.

- Recommended Items: Can this be optional for both TV shows and Movies? At the moment enabling Recommended Items brings it up for both. Personally I find the recommended TV Shows functionality incredibly useful and the recommended Movies functionality next to useless.

- Loading screen: With the removal of the loading animation for performance reasons, I think it'd be good to still dim the screen slightly when loading, as the popup message at the bottom isn't always noticeable and so users may sometimes think the system is stalling rather than loading.

- Random items: It seems that for me a bunch of the covers tend not to load for the random covers section of the shelf. Does anyone else have this issue?

1. need to find the way to achieve this
2. No, sorry
3. sound reasonable to me
4. I do Smile It either XBMC or widgets script related.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Tried deleting them, reinstalled skin, it's still same problem Sad
(2013-09-04, 00:23)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-09-03, 23:57)bigwillch Wrote: - Random items: It seems that for me a bunch of the covers tend not to load for the random covers section of the shelf. Does anyone else have this issue?

4. I do Smile It either XBMC or widgets script related.

I fixed this by doing the following:

- Look in the random movie widget which movie is missing the cover.
- Go into your library and highlight the movie.
- Open up the info panel and press REFRESH
- Restart of XBMC is needed to see if it's fixed
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Frodo - Support thread10