I screwed up. Can't launch WMC anymore. Please help.
Hi folks, tearing my hair out here.

I am trying to open Windows Media Center on Windows 7, but no matter what or how, when I execute ehshell.exe it runs/opens XBMC.

I had EventGhost installed, but I uninstalled it. If the changes it made are still affecting my system, any idea how I can revert the changes that are affecting my ability to open WMC?

How can I fix this without breaking something else?

Any help would be appreciated.

[edited for more detail]
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."
No one else has experienced this? :/
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."
You don't have any type of hot key or script installed do you?

Bill
Bill, thank you for replying.

I did....but I uninstalled it. EventGhost, I believe. If that is the case, any idea how I can revert the changes that are affecting my ability to open WMC? I'd like to run both XBMC and WMC (for the netflix app).

:/
bump
You didn't create a backup of your registry did you. Could be some EventGhost still hanging around in the registry.

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did.... but I deleted EventGhost more than a year ago, so that back-up is long, long gone. Honestly, I've never tried to open Windows Media Center until just a month ago or so, so I had no idea that EventGhost may have left such a remnant.

This is driving me batty. I just want to use WMC for it's Netflix App since xbmc really doesn't do the trick for Netflix.
long time ago i tried EventGhost,
but if i'm not mistaking there's a option in eventghost you need to set so it reverts all settings back to orignal state.
i believe there was also a warning somehwere or in the manual that you need to use this option if you want to revert back.

so you could try to install EventGhost again perhaps it will pickup the old settings again,
if it was EventGhost.
and check the settings before removing again

i use the regpatch for my remote that can be found here and it has a greenbutton work arround so it launches XBMC and not WMC.

could be that you manually changed the reg with a script or something.
so you could google how to change that back.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
I will give that a go, thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I screwed up. Can't launch WMC anymore. Please help.1