path substitution for special paths broken in gotham
I tried upgrading from 12.2 to the nightlies and was unable to get path substitution working correctly. I tried regressing throughout the nightlies and this problem seems to be present throughout all the nightly builds of gotham. When I looked through the debug logs it looks like its picking it the substitutions and getting log messages saying its doing it. Which look like they are coming from here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master....cpp#L1000, but they don't seem to get used.

The the method URIUtils::SubstitutePath @ https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...s.cpp#L396 looks like its handling the replacements after advancedsettings init, but when did a quick search of github it doesn't look like that method is being used in relation to the masterprofile anymore. I didn't really dig any further than that, so I could be completely wrong.

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
          <substitute>
                <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/</from>
                <to>smb://atlas.local/xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Video/</to>
          </substitute>
          <substitute>
                <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/</from>
                <to>smb://atlas.local/xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Music/</to>
          </substitute>
        <substitute>
                <from>special://masterprofile/playlists/</from>
                <to>smb://atlas.local/xbmc/userdata/playlists/</to>
          </substitute>
        <substitute>
                <from>special://masterprofile/sources.xml</from>
                <to>smb://atlas.local/xbmc/userdata/sources.xml</to>
          </substitute>
          <substitute>
                <from>special://masterprofile/mediasources.xml</from>
                <to>smb://atlas.local/xbmc/userdata/mediasources.xml</to>
          </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
Agreed on this and just posted in another thread. Hopefully one of the devs will see this. I am also using the special://masterprofile method to substitute sources.xml in and it's not pulling.
noticed it to in full version... BUMP
Does this happen if you use special://profile instead of special://masterprofile?
Doesn't seem to make a difference. Checked the logs and saw a lot of these:

17:41:19 T:248332 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails
17:41:19 T:248332 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating special://masterprofile/Thumbnails
17:41:19 T:248332 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video
17:41:19 T:248332 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video

So it doesn't look like it's doing the substitution, although advencedsettings.xml is being loaded correctly.
Just tried the 13.1 beta1, but problem still seems to be around in the version
I haven't tested it with thumbs, but pathsubs are still working for me for video sources and for keymap files. *shrug*
found a fix for my problem. Before Gotham this worked:

Code:
    <pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
            <to>\\MYNAS\Qmultimedia\Thumbnails</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>

After looking at the original post i noticed that addition of the smb: marker so i changed my line to:

Code:
    <pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails</from>
            <to>smb://MYNAS/Qmultimedia/Thumbnails</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
and that does seem to have done the trick. Thanks Ned for looking into this.
I've been having issues with getting path subs working in Gotham too. They appear to work for video thumbnails but audio thumbnails aren't scraping / being cached properly and it results in thumbnails showing and then disappearing at random. If I revert to 12.3 and use the same source/advanced settings/password XML files they work perfect. I as well have tried every version of Gotham even the nighties and nothing will get it to work properly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
path substitution for special paths broken in gotham0