3D flags
How can a skinner know if video is 3D? Is there ListItem.Video3D or some such?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

not atm
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
nope, there isn't.
xbmc doesn't store any 3D info in the db, so it's not available to skinners.

only during playback you can detect if a movie is 3D:
boolean condition: VideoPlayer.IsStereoscopic
infolabel: VideoPlayer.StereoscopicMode

for listitems, the only way to do it is using SubString(ListItem.FileNameAndPath, 3D) i think.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
that should probably be:
Code:
SubString(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,3D)

to also catch filenames with 3D in them
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
i stand corrected Smile
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
It would be nice to have ListItem support you don't have to keep hammering all labels with SubStrings.

I assume that we are able to recognise it during video info extraction process?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I have no idea how the listItem stuff works, but there is 3D related info stored along with the video in the DB (the flag you can set in video settings OSD). Once I have some time again I'll see if I can do the necessary changes to get 3D flags if it's not working with mentioned setting. I also have JSON/builtins support on my radar, so that f.e. remotes can change the stereo modes etc
(2013-09-03, 23:11)da-anda Wrote: I have no idea how the listItem stuff works, but there is 3D related info stored along with the video in the DB (the flag you can set in video settings OSD). Once I have some time again I'll see if I can do the necessary changes to get 3D flags if it's not working with mentioned setting. I also have JSON/builtins support on my radar, so that f.e. remotes can change the stereo modes etc

Great. I suppose it could be done in the same way like ListItem.VideoCodec or ListItem.AudioChannels are implemented.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

My prayers where heard ;-)

Good luck pecinko and I hope da-anda has some time soon because I think/hope I'm not the only one waiting for 3D labels/falgs without catching filenames with '3D' in it.
Thanks a lot for your effort and enthusiasm bringing XBMC forward.

Kindest regards

XBMC4me
cU

xbmc4me
fyi I started working on it, but I have absolutely no idea how this stuff works, so it's basically try and error atm and everything I did so far is completely untested (not even compile tested due to lack of build-env atm). If one dares to have a look, here is my repo/branch https://github.com/da-anda/xbmc/tree/3d-streamdetails
(2013-09-20, 11:21)da-anda Wrote: fyi I started working on it, but I have absolutely no idea how this stuff works, so it's basically try and error atm and everything I did so far is completely untested (not even compile tested due to lack of build-env atm). If one dares to have a look, here is my repo/branch https://github.com/da-anda/xbmc/tree/3d-streamdetails

Hopefully somebody would jump in - I don't have build environment either, nor do I have any 3D content in my library...
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I updated my branch and it seems to partly work already (struggling a bit with the boolean ListItem.IsStereoscopic and the skin changes).
I don't handle the case atm where ffmpeg doesn't detect the stereomode and one has to set it manually in OSD video settings. I'm actually not sure how to handle this nicely, drop one in favor of the other, merge them just for the InfoLabels, update streamdetails if video settings change etc. Will talk with elupus about it.
headsup: it's basically working, but it's more difficult than expected, given that we can't detect the stereoscopic mode in the videostream details for all movies. Thus I have to somehow combine it with the detection by filename and that's not as easy as it seems. I mean I have it working, but I've been told it's probably not the right spot to aggregate the info (infomanager where all other ListItem info is processed) and it should be done by some background process or whatever. We'll talk about this at devcon if time allows.
(2013-10-09, 15:01)da-anda Wrote: headsup: it's basically working, but it's more difficult than expected, given that we can't detect the stereoscopic mode in the videostream details for all movies. Thus I have to somehow combine it with the detection by filename and that's not as easy as it seems. I mean I have it working, but I've been told it's probably not the right spot to aggregate the info (infomanager where all other ListItem info is processed) and it should be done by some background process or whatever. We'll talk about this at devcon if time allows.

Thanks.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

good news, my PR been merged couple mins ago. see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1544614

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D flags0