asrock h77 for unraid build
http://tech2.in.com/reviews/motherboards...iew/431312
been looking at this board as it has 8 sata ports - (perfect for unraid build ?)
coupled with a supermicro 8 port sas could potentially give me 16 slots to use !
prices for this board are quite cheap - what I wanted to know - is there a catch? - why so cheap - is it a good choice for a server using unraid
(i'm in uk and dont see boards with this many sata ports for this sort of price)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASRock-H77-Mothe...asrock+h77
any comments or info would be appreciated
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
No experience with unRAID or that motherboard but you can use have up to 4 drives per SAS port which would give you 32 SATA drives on an 8 port SAS card, not 16.
I am using that board with my unraid and have no problems with it.
(2013-09-03, 12:28)Daemaz Wrote: No experience with unRAID or that motherboard but you can use have up to 4 drives per SAS port which would give you 32 SATA drives on an 8 port SAS card, not 16.
yeah I see that - but already have a case and have sourced some 5 in 3 hot swap bays so i'd be maxed out at 15 anyway - but thanks for the heads up
I'm using it (the H77 Pro4-M) in my kubuntu 12.04 server for a few months now without issue. Was running with all 8 sata ports in use for a month to finish migrating data from old hdd's, and just using 6 ports now. And be aware that the esata port is shared with one of the internal sata ports....

So you can have 7 internal + 1 esata , or 8 internal sata ports active.
thats great news - many thanks for the heads up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
asrock h77 for unraid build0