Bug XBMC can't show dates earlier that 1970?
Sorry, I'm a bit turned around because it sounded like OP was asking for something else.
(2016-03-12, 12:39)ConvertApple Wrote: Just establishing the facts as there seems to be some confusion:-

There is NO way to order by ReleaseDate in Kodi.
Using the <dateadded> field is the ONLY viable workaround at present (afaik) as it is the ONLY date that is sortable/viewable in Kodi.
Sorting by Year IS NOT the same as sorting by ReleaseDate.
I DO have metadata set via .nfo files with Premiered + Aired fields BOTH set to Movie ReleaseDate BUT there is no option to either sort by or even see this date in Kodi.

If any of this is incorrect, please advise.
I have complete control over the Kodi Metadata as I generate it all myself using .nfo and artwork files via my own program, so I can alter anything that I wish.
The source of the confusion is...
(2013-09-03, 15:51)CyberPig Wrote: ...since I want to be able to sort all these movies both by date (year) and by name...
Currently you can sort by year but not actual release date. Which is a pity, but it's where it is.
If someone is interested and has the skills to add this - I guess there would be a fair amount of work involved - then we'll get it.
Yep, it would be great to have sorting by full date.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC can't show dates earlier that 1970?0