Android Geniatech ATV1800 & ATV580
This just released on Geniatech's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/geniatechglobal...n=timeline

Geniatech Quad Core Android TV Box ATV580, ATV180 with Quad-Core 1.6GHz~2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 8GB NAND Flash and an increased storage capacity and support for Android 4.2 is ready to sell which has sent the first bulk and tested well, all Geniatech fans can send the email to [email protected] and submit the online contact form by this link http://www.geniatech.com/contact.aspx

These boxes use the quad core Amlogic chip, along with a faster Mali graphics processor. Should be a very exciting September for all of us.
A new era of Android boxes that work fast ...

No doubt Pivos will release something soon.

Image Image
(2013-09-03, 16:22)joelbaby Wrote: This just released on Geniatech's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/geniatechglobal...n=timeline

Geniatech Quad Core Android TV Box ATV580, ATV180 with Quad-Core 1.6GHz~2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 8GB NAND Flash and an increased storage capacity and support for Android 4.2 is ready to sell which has sent the first bulk and tested well, all Geniatech fans can send the email to [email protected] and submit the online contact form by this link http://www.geniatech.com/contact.aspx

These boxes use the quad core Amlogic chip, along with a faster Mali graphics processor. Should be a very exciting September for all of us.
A new era of Android boxes that work fast ...

No doubt Pivos will follow suit sometime soon.

you say that, but as far as i know they didnt follow suit with a dual core
An educated guess points to them releasing something soon.
'Following suit' is not the right words - so I changed my text.
I think Pivos will release something based on these along with some cool firmware and a good remote.
I doubt it
Pivos have said in their forums that they have a new device coming in Q4 with:

- a better remote.
- better external casing.
- better hardware specs all over.
- better out of the box experience too

and:

"When can we expect any advance product announcements ?" >>> "once its ready for mass production"
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Sounds like a non Chinese factory.
What chip would they use J1nx?
I don't know, I am not affiliated nor connected to Pivos, but considering how Geniatech handles their partners, I doubt it comes from them.

Pivos launches the XIOS DS, selling a lot, so you would think Geniatech would treat these partnership with care.
- Geniatech launches the MyGica branch such that consumers can buy straight from them. Without give a !@#$ about licenses and tax, those devices sell a lot cheaper than the XIOS DS
- They come with the MyGica A11, which is basically the same as XIOS DS / 510b, but without wifi lowering the price even more.
- They grab the by Pivos released sources and do what all Chinese factory do, violating the license.

So this so called partner, screwed them multiple times.

Again, these are just my observations from the sideline.
If it was me, I would gave them the finger and move on ...

At this moment i would put my money on Freescale. Good SoC's and the higher level i.MX6 Dual and Quads are good candidates for a successor. Still some issue software wise, but as Freescale is opening up by providing documentation (in English), source code and even supporting a developers community it is just a matter of time. Hence even Cubox will use it in their new box.

Their are already some guys working on a GStreamer implementation of the VPU into XBMC using the dongles and wandboard devices.
Geniatech has been making android boxes a lot longer then Pivos has been around. Pivos did not design the hardware they are using.. they simply chose an existing product that Geniatech was already producing and had it done under their own brand under OEM.

Geniatech has a manufacturing business to run.. do you think they would just stop producing for other customers because Pivos has done well?

The one thing Pivos did was make XBMC run on these boxes. For that Geniatech, every other Android Box manufacturer (retailer) and the whole android box community should be thankful and give them props.

Unless Pivos designs and patents their own box then it will be next to impossible to stop manufacturers from selling to other customers. And even if patented and they actually have something propriatory .. other knockoff's will still be created in China ( Apple Iphone and Ipad clones )

(2013-09-04, 20:33)j1nx Wrote: I don't know, I am not affiliated nor connected to Pivos, but considering how Geniatech handles their partners, I doubt it comes from them.

Pivos launches the XIOS DS, selling a lot, so you would think Geniatech would treat these partnership with care.
- Geniatech launches the MyGica branch such that consumers can buy straight from them. Without give a !@#$ about licenses and tax, those devices sell a lot cheaper than the XIOS DS
- They come with the MyGica A11, which is basically the same as XIOS DS / 510b, but without wifi lowering the price even more.
- They grab the by Pivos released sources and do what all Chinese factory do, violating the license.

At this moment i would put my money on Freescale. Good SoC's and the higher level i.MX6 Dual and Quads are good candidates for a successor. Still some issue software wise, but as Freescale is opening up by providing documentation (in English), source code and even supporting a developers community it is just a matter of time. Hence even Cubox will use it in their new box.

Their are already some guys working on a GStreamer implementation of the VPU into XBMC using the dongles and wandboard devices.
(2013-09-04, 21:03)Packetcrypt Wrote: Geniatech has been making android boxes a lot longer then Pivos has been around. Pivos did not design the hardware they are using.. they simply chose an existing product that Geniatech was already producing and had it done under their own brand under OEM.

Geniatech has a manufacturing business to run.. do you think they would just stop producing for other customers because Pivos has done well?

The one thing Pivos did was make XBMC run on these boxes. For that Geniatech, every other Android Box manufacturer (retailer) and the whole android box community should be thankful and give them props.

Unless Pivos designs and patents their own box then it will be next to impossible to stop manufacturers from selling to other customers. And even if patented and they actually have something propriatory .. other knockoff's will still be created in China ( Apple Iphone and Ipad clones )

Of course they have to run a business, nothing wrong with that.

But at the beginning Geniatech was a factory from where businesses could buy there OEM boxes. You as consumer could not (easily) buy a box from them as they kindly forwarded your requests to there resellers.

Geniatech delivered strictly to business in higher numbers. So companies like Pivos and others were their customers.

By introducing a new company (MyGica) to bypass the wholesale/OEM companies (your customers) to deliver straight to end consumers utilizing the software developed by one of your customers (XBMC Android, but also the Linux version) violating the GPL license of it. To me it sounds like a stab in the back.

But again, let me emphasize. This is only my opinion / observations from the side line.
(2013-09-04, 20:33)j1nx Wrote: I don't know, I am not affiliated nor connected to Pivos, but considering how Geniatech handles their partners, I doubt it comes from them.

Definitely you ignored below things:

1. Geniatech made the 1st batch of Android box since 2010, much earlier than Pivos
2. MyGica was there earlier than that tiime, google mygica then you have the result
3. Pivos did sponse XBMC to get XBMC porting on ATV510, and as a rule, XBMC release its source code to the whole world
4. Since Geniatech focus on Amlogic chipset, the XBMC open source did help a lot of selling Amlogic based products, including Geniatech's other customers, mygica and non Geniatech amlogic chipset users, like Gbox, and Jxxx box.
5. Is there anything wrong with Geniatech? No
6. Pivos did something wrong? No. They need to work harder to get new product better than others. If they have enough power, they can talk about exclusivity on any model with vendors, they should did that earlier.
if 2 is true, than indeed I rest my case. I already touched #1 in the previous post.
Geniatech created the Mygica retail brand back in 2008. If Pivos did any research ( which I am sure they did ) they would have known that the product they picked to OEM would be sold under alternate brands. Even Sumvision sold Geniatech Android boxes prior to Pivos entering the market.

Anyway, I have tested many of the boxes on the market right now and I think that the Geniatech made boxes stand above the rest as far as XBMC performance goes. Until XBMC is optimized to run Rocketchip, Allwinner and other processors more effectively the AmLogic based boxes are going to continue to be king.

Even the single core AmLogic products ( MyGica, Pivos, Sumvision,TLBB @ Jynxbox ) are running XBMC better then the newer Quad Core boxes using RocketChip and AllWinner.

That said.. It looks like the ATV580 Quad Core will be retailing around $120 and will begin shipping in about 10 days. The ATV1800 will be retailing for $199.99.
Looking forward to see if the beefed up hardware is going to make much of an improvement in XBMC performance.
The bigger issue is Geniatech being a-holes about open source requirements. I'm not sure if they're compliant yet for everything they use, but they were violators for a while. They just don't care. I hear that getting sources to make things like XBMC possible was like pulling teeth at one point (take this with a grain of salt, as this is just what I hear from the Internet, and not what anyone has personally told me).

Our Pivos guys are tight lipped about what the next box will be, but my own personal speculation is that it will probably be a non-Geniatech box. I certainly wouldn't want to keep doing business with them.

At the same time, as a consumer, I'm a cheap a-hole, and wouldn't fault anyone for buying a Geniatech box.
(2013-09-06, 00:22)Ned Scott Wrote: The bigger issue is Geniatech being a-holes about open source requirements. I'm not sure if they're compliant yet for everything they use, but they were violators for a while. They just don't care. I hear that getting sources to make things like XBMC possible was like pulling teeth at one point (take this with a grain of salt, as this is just what I hear from the Internet, and not what anyone has personally told me).

Our Pivos guys are tight lipped about what the next box will be, but my own personal speculation is that it will probably be a non-Geniatech box. I certainly wouldn't want to keep doing business with them.

At the same time, as a consumer, I'm a cheap a-hole, and wouldn't fault anyone for buying a Geniatech box.

Geniatech should release the code, and you work for Pivos? When Pivos get next box out? dualcore is being on selling a long time and quadcore is coming.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Geniatech ATV1800 & ATV5800