Will ATV play MKV files after XBMC installation?
Hi

I'm an old fan of XBMC and used to organize and play movies on my PC. Recently I bought WDTV but to my dismay I cannot install XBMC on it. I have read that you can install XBMC on ATV. I am prepared to buy ATV just to experience the XBMC environment but as per ATV's website, it can only play a limited number of file types (unlike WDTV which can play almost any file type). My question is that will ATV be able to play all video and audio file types especially MKV and MP3 after XBMC installation?

Will much appreciate an answer from the XBMC community.

Thanks Blush
ATV3 cannot install XBMC at all at present.

ATV1 and ATV2 are covered in the wiki.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
ATV is obsolete...
(2013-09-03, 22:54)Christer K Wrote: ATV is obsolete...
Well yeah, but it does still work.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-09-03, 22:54)Christer K Wrote: ATV is obsolete...

No it's not. I have two at my home as my main HTPCs, and they run fast and play anything I throw at them (with BCHD). They're even more powerful than the ATV2. They're just hard to come across now.
Thank you folks for your input but my question is still unanswered.

I will probably find ATV2 on my tech store. Once XBMC installed, will it play MKV, AVI, MP4, MP3Huh

Thanks
It will.
But not 1080p Sad
(2013-09-04, 13:55)technophile10.1 Wrote: Thank you folks for your input but my question is still unanswered.

I will probably find ATV2 on my tech store. Once XBMC installed, will it play MKV, AVI, MP4, MP3Huh

Thanks

I would no longer recommend buying an ATV2 unless you wanted an XBMC box that also did AirPlay mirroring and netflix in-one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will ATV play MKV files after XBMC installation?0