Compatibility on Android Smart TV device
Hi,
I just came across this website and wanted to know if I can install this s/w on my Andriod device (ICS, Smart TV device). It is some unknown brand product from china, which runs Android OS ICS allowing video media to be played on TV (using HDMI port) from attached USB drive.
Try it and find out?
Don't want to brick the device if XBMC is not compatible.
Please any experts answer my query.
(2013-09-06, 03:51)SRavi Wrote: Don't want to brick the device if XBMC is not compatible.
Please any experts answer my query.

How can anyone knowledgeably respond when it is "some unknown brand product from china"?
I mean't if the device can run Android 4 ICS, is it capable of running XBMC, and will all the I/Os work. Also, if I want to uninstall the XBMC is it just like removing the app from the app manager under Android, or it completely replaces the Android OS ?
But no one can say, "Yes, I have that exact device and I can tell you that XBMC runs/doesn't run on it", since the device you have is "some unknown brand from china". Not all Android devices are the same, even if they ostensibly run the same version of the Android OS. The only way to know for sure is if you try it out yourself.
You can't brick an Android device by running XBMC on it.
(2013-09-06, 05:42)Ned Scott Wrote: You can't brick an Android device by running XBMC on it.

Not unless he is talking about a baked in copy of xbmc... I've seen a few roms floating around, designed for xbmc... don't know if they include a kernel... but that is a sure way to brick your device.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compatibility on Android Smart TV device0