Problem with Power on Zbox ID83 with remote
Hello,

I'm a complete newbie to XBMC and this forum so maybe my question is already been answered in a threat but I haven' t found it yet.
It's also possible that I posted this question in the wrong section. If so please notify me. I'm never to old to learn Big Grin

But before I continue I first have to thank all the developers for such a great achievement. I really like this software.

But now my question:
I have a Zotac ZBOX IB83 with the openelec XBMC install. It runs like a charm with a boot time of 12 sec and very smooth navigation, I'm very happy.
The only thing is that I can't power up the unit with the (original) remote. I've read that there are more people having this problem but non of the suggestions in those threats help. I've contacted Zotac, the responded that if I have the default bios settings loaded the unit can only wake up from the sleep mode. But if I select sleep mode in the Power off menu the screen turns black but the unit is not going to sleep mode and does not wake up.

I know that on my desktop pc (win7) I have more options in the power down menu. (Sleep and Hibernate) but on the Zbox I only have power off or sleep. So I suspect the unit turns off in the wrong mode. So my questions:

- Can I changes / add this mode so I can select the correct mode when powering down.
- Is it possible to skip this power down menu when using the remote control and turn of the unit immediately to the correct mode.
(My College has a ion system and this one is turning off directly when using the remote control)

If this problem can be solved I will be very happy with a perfect XBMC system.

Thanks
Rolof

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Power on Zbox ID83 with remote0