scraper updates to mysql without xbmc
I'm running a mysql server that is shared by multiple xbmc instances.
I'd like to be able to run "xbmc update library" (scraper) on the server hosting the mysql, without running xbmc.

Is that possible? If it is how?
Is it possible to run a non-interactive instance of xbmc to do library update? (e.g. as a scheduled task)

Thanks,
Dan
I believe xbne has support (windows) for mysql, but thats not headless ofcourse. Thats the best i could come up with since i never found a headless update tool for it. However i did read about stuff where xbmc could be starated without an interface (but that was in the "experimental" department some time ago) would be nice to just run "xbmc -update" or something, even though i prefer to have a client which could run on say a qnap or synology like plex has. Its pretty much the only thing i miss. (after 3d, but that came out \o/ )
(2013-09-13, 00:12)snelvuur Wrote: I believe xbne has support (windows) for mysql, but thats not headless ofcourse. Thats the best i could come up with since i never found a headless update tool for it. However i did read about stuff where xbmc could be starated without an interface (but that was in the "experimental" department some time ago) would be nice to just run "xbmc -update" or something, even though i prefer to have a client which could run on say a qnap or synology like plex has. Its pretty much the only thing i miss. (after 3d, but that came out \o/ )

I could live with xbmc headless update. Experimental is fine - the mysql stuff is experimental too.

Thanks,
Dan
Not sure what OS/device you are using but you could probably make a batch file to open xbmc for 5 minutes every hour. Not perfect but would work pretty efficiently in the mean time.
how? by starting it, sleeping and then killing it?
I'm in for a Linux beta test.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
You could always keep a rasperry pi running, with the auto update plugin for your movies. Also not perfect, but its the most "power friendly"
I have xbmc on my server so its not an issue for me to have this go.
Every hour XBMC starts for 45 seconds you can always edit the times and such but it works for me and it starts xbmc minimized so its not very annoying if i am logged into the server.
Code:
@echo on
:loop
timeout /t 3600 >null
start /min C:\"Program Files (x86)"\XBMC\XBMC.exe ...
timeout /t 45 >null
taskkill /im XBMC.exe
goto loop
For unraid, there is a plugin called xbmcsalud. Its a headless xbmc just for this purpose. Dont know how easy it would be to adapt that to your os.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scraper updates to mysql without xbmc0