[ouya] Trouble with resolution and usb drive
I just put XBMC on my Ouya (xbmc-20130831-2da9c97-master-armeabi-v7a).

First up, I'm noticing a resolution issue. There's maybe an inch of space that's getting cut out of the corners and is thus out of my view. It's mostly usable, but it's hard to read the side menu (and there's potential for subtitles to get cut). It's hooked in to my 55" 1080p LCD TV via HDMI (of course).

The other issue is rather.. odd. Usually I run XBMC from my HTPC, but that's being temperamental right now so I'm using the Ouya as a backup while I fix the stupid thing. I've got two external WD Elements drives; a 3tb and a 2tb. I set up one drive without an issue and I can load from it fine. The second drive is not being read. I go in to root/mnt/ and all I see is:
  • asec
  • sdcard
  • secure
  • usbdrive

Could it be that Ouya can't read 3tb drives? That's one possibility I guess. Though when I now plug the other drive back in and try searching for it through the file system, I don't see it. I indexed it before, so I can access the media on it fine, but if I look through the file system, nothing.

I suppose I could try to enter in the physical address. Would that be /mnt/[drive name]?

(just a note: i tested both drives on my PC a minute ago. Both work fine)

edit: now neither work.
First off there are settings (surprisingly enough in the settings menu) to fix overscan and subtitle position. They have been there in XBMC as long as I can remember... did deep and ye shall find.
The OUYA is a weird beast. I've read lots of reports of it not picking up HD's... I have to say I have about 15 HD's all 2TB + and all of mine are picked up. I have found that the OUYA doesn't like hot plugging one little bit though. You have to completely power off and reboot before you plug the next one in, and it doesn't seem to appreciate picking more than 1 drive at a time through a hub. It's not something I make a habit of trying but I'm sure I have had a HD and a USB thumb drive in working together.
(2013-09-05, 09:53)danbst Wrote: First off there are settings (surprisingly enough in the settings menu) to fix overscan and subtitle position.

Unless there is some other menu for resolution, it won't let me adjust it. It's stuck on windowed mode and will not allow me to select full screen nor adjust the resolution (it's on 1080p, which is correct, but maybe setting to something different will make a magical change?). The first time I tried XBMC I installed the vanilla Android version without stagefright and my attempt to change out of windowed mode got me stuck with a tiny box of XBMC in the lower left corner.. and unable to change it back.

Quote:The OUYA is a weird beast. I've read lots of reports of it not picking up HD's... I have to say I have about 15 HD's all 2TB + and all of mine are picked up. I have found that the OUYA doesn't like hot plugging one little bit though. You have to completely power off and reboot before you plug the next one in, and it doesn't seem to appreciate picking more than 1 drive at a time through a hub. It's not something I make a habit of trying but I'm sure I have had a HD and a USB thumb drive in working together.

Hot swapping crossed my mind. Last night I thought I'd check to see if the drive is mounting, and it isn't for some reason, now. Not sure how to tell Ouya to mount a drive. I'm going to try uninstall/reinstall of XBMC and pray that will do something in my favor (probably not..).
(2013-09-06, 00:38)Kymus Wrote:
(2013-09-05, 09:53)danbst Wrote: First off there are settings (surprisingly enough in the settings menu) to fix overscan and subtitle position.

Unless there is some other menu for resolution, it won't let me adjust it. It's stuck on windowed mode and will not allow me to select full screen nor adjust the resolution (it's on 1080p, which is correct, but maybe setting to something different will make a magical change?). The first time I tried XBMC I installed the vanilla Android version without stagefright and my attempt to change out of windowed mode got me stuck with a tiny box of XBMC in the lower left corner.. and unable to change it back.

Quote:The OUYA is a weird beast. I've read lots of reports of it not picking up HD's... I have to say I have about 15 HD's all 2TB + and all of mine are picked up. I have found that the OUYA doesn't like hot plugging one little bit though. You have to completely power off and reboot before you plug the next one in, and it doesn't seem to appreciate picking more than 1 drive at a time through a hub. It's not something I make a habit of trying but I'm sure I have had a HD and a USB thumb drive in working together.

Hot swapping crossed my mind. Last night I thought I'd check to see if the drive is mounting, and it isn't for some reason, now. Not sure how to tell Ouya to mount a drive. I'm going to try uninstall/reinstall of XBMC and pray that will do something in my favor (probably not..).

Yes there is some other menu for adjusting the screen size ....video calibration I think it is called
Btw its not a resolution issue...its an overscan issue
Video calibration is under Settings, System, Video Output. Just adjust the corners to fit your display.
Thanks for the clarification, guys.

I determined that my 2tb Western Digital Elements drive will work, but Ouya seems to not want to read my 3tb Western Digital Elements drive. I tried turning Ouya off, unplugging (it seems to go in to a sleep state for an uncertain amount of time), plugging the drive in, and nothing. It's working fine now with the other one at leas. Go figure; the 3tb has the majority of the media I want to watch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ouya] Trouble with resolution and usb drive0