Is it possible to cache popular videos?
Hi guys, I am very new to the xbmc world, so pardon my ignorance if I'm asking something which seems obvious, I've been googling this and am surprised I can't really find an answer on this.

Our son loves music videos, and he absolutely loves the current top 40 stuff. We have fox (cable) and I have to admit we spend a lot of time there, but he really has his favourites.

I've setup xbmc with the youtube plugin and got the vevo stuff working, but we're finding he's watching the same videos over and over again. I'm concerned about the constant and repeated download of the videos. Is it possible to cache so many megs/gigs of content and have xbmc use that to playback instead of re-downloading it all the time?

I notice you set a download directory, but nothing appears in it. Is there a way to force it to happen?
you can prepend most youtube video with ss so for example

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5knV9qNulGI

turns into

www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=5knV9qNulGI

and it will send you to savefrom.net which will provide you links to the video you were watching on youtube so you can download it and store it locally.

This way you can save the file as a .mp4 and just watch it as many times as you want offline.

I am pretty sure savefrom works for other stuff besides youtube but I have mainly used it for youtube.

I am not sure if this is illegal since youtube doesnt provide an easy way to download their content but as long as you are using it for personal use I feel it is legit.
יונתן בן-חיים
Can that somehow be integrated into xbmc?

Or another handy hint would be, ca I get a playlist of everything he's played through youtube so we can pass it through to ssyoutube?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to cache popular videos?0