XBMC won't scrape locally even with NFO files present
I'm looking for some help on problem that has been driving me nuts for days. I'm trying to bring up a new RaspberryPi configuration (OpenElec) and I don't want to spend the nearly 4 days it will take to scrape 1500 movies and over 18,000 episodes of TV shows to build up the library from scratch. I've been running XBMC for a couple of years on our main HTPC TV and have always exported the database to separate files. The file format looks like this:

\Media\Video\Video Share\HTPC - Movies\A-D\A Bug's Life.mkv
\Media\Video\Video Share\HTPC - Movies\A-D\A Bug's Life.nfo
\Media\Video\Video Share\HTPC - Movies\A-D\A Bug's Life.tbn
\Media\Video\Video Share\HTPC - Movies\A-D\A Bug's Life-fanart.jpg
\Media\Video\Video Share\HTPC - Movies\A-D\A Clockwork Orange.mkv
\Media\Video\Video Share\HTPC - Movies\A-D\A Clockwork Orange.nfo
\Media\Video\Video Share\HTPC - Movies\A-D\A Clockwork Orange.tbn
\Media\Video\Video Share\HTPC - Movies\A-D\A Clockwork Orange-fanart.jpg

etc....

My problem is that when I start up the library on the new RaspberryPi, it does not seem to scrape locally and I understand it should by default. All of the scapers start slowly pulling stuff down from the internet instead of quickly loading up everything from the local NFO files. I do not suspect the format or content of my NFO files....XBMC created them when I exported to separate files from my Windows clients.

The problem I'm having is not unique to the RaspberryPi. I remember a long time ago, an older version of XBMC used to ask me when scraping "local information found, refresh from internet" or something like that. I now recall I haven't seen that prompt in a long time....and now my Windows clients are running Eden 11.0. I did find that in the SET CONTENT section of Eden, there's an option called "Run Automated Scan". If I enable that, XBMC will scan locally and pick up the NFO file (tho it doesn't display the "local information found" message....it just loads the NFO files). However, my RaspberryPi (OpenElec), which is running Frodo 12.2, does not have the "Run Automated Scan" option in the SET CONTENT section. I'm stuck.

A copy of a debug log can be found here: http://pastebin.com/ZFDaDvJV

The log is from boot, to automatically starting a scrape for movies, starting to pull down metadata from the internet (despite there being local metadata), and manually stopping the scrape. I don't know the code well enough to tell if XBMC doesn't like something about the local metadata and then moves on to downloading from the internet.

Why is XBMC not picking up my local metadata to build my library in minutes (instead of days pulling down from the internet)? Is there a way to force XBMC to scrape locally? Is the path to my media too funky for Frodo (yet it seems to work with Eden if forced to with "Run Automated Scan")?

Thanx in advance for any advice....

Kris
I don't have a fix for your problem, but just wanted to point out that the message "Local information found, ignore and refresh from internet?" only comes up when you choose "Refresh" on the information screen for an individual movie. You might try that for an individual movie and see if it works.

Another thing I would try is, in the change/set content window, change the scraper to the Universal Scraper, and see if it handles it as it should. First change the content to none, let it clean the database, then set the Universal Scraper and set content to movies, and cross your fingers.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
Thanx for the advice. There has been some improvement for the movies - my database for all of my movies scraped in less then 2 hours. Before, it took all day. I still kind of expected it to finish in a few minutes and not two hours, but it's definitely faster and the log seems to indicate that it used the NFO file. I wonder if the slowness of the SD card (30MB/sec max) in the RaspberryPI could account for it.

Still having issues with TV Shows. There are over 18,000 episodes to scrape, and the system is doing it now at a rate of about 350 per hour. At this rate, it will take a little over 48 hour to complete the TV Shows scrape which again, I would think would take minutes (30?) to do just loading NFO files. Could the SD card be that much a hindrance? XBMC log does seem to indicate that the NFO files are being used:

20:56:40 T:2938053728 DEBUG: CSmbFile::Open - opened Media/Video/Video Share/HTPC - TV Shows/24/Season 3/24.S03E13.Day 3- 1-00 A.M.-2-00 A.M..nfo, fd=10000
20:56:40 T:2938053728 DEBUG: CSmbFile::Close closing fd 10000
20:56:40 T:2938053728 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found matching Full NFO file: smb://MEDIAARCHIVE/Media/Video/Video Share/HTPC - TV Shows/24/Season 3/24.S03E13.Day 3- 1-00 A.M.-2-00 A.M..nfo
20:56:40 T:2938053728 DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://xxxx:yyyy@zzzzz/Media/Video/Video%20Share/HTPC%20-%20TV%20Shows/24/.actors
20:56:42 T:2938053728 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to tvshowsConfusedmb://MEDIAARCHIVE/Media/Video/Video Share/HTPC - TV Shows/24/Season 3/24.S03E13.Day 3- 1-00 A.M.-2-00 A.M..avi
20:56:51 T:2938053728 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnUpdate from xbmc
20:56:51 T:2938053728 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnUpdate
20:56:51 T:2938053728 DEBUG: CSmbFile::Open - opened Media/Video/Video Share/HTPC - TV Shows/24/Season 3/24.S03E14.Day 3- 2-00 A.M.-3-00 A.M..nfo, fd=10000
20:56:51 T:2938053728 DEBUG: CSmbFile::Close closing fd 10000
20:56:51 T:2938053728 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found matching Full NFO file: smb://MEDIAARCHIVE/Media/Video/Video Share/HTPC - TV Shows/24/Season 3/24.S03E14.Day 3- 2-00 A.M.-3-00 A.M..nfo
20:56:51 T:2938053728 DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://xxxx:yyyy@zzzzz/Media/Video/Video%20Share/HTPC%20-%20TV%20Shows/24/.actors
20:56:54 T:2938053728 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to tvshowsConfusedmb://MEDIAARCHIVE/Media/Video/Video Share/HTPC - TV Shows/24/Season 3/24.S03E14.Day 3- 2-00 A.M.-3-00 A.M..avi

Thanx,
Kris
That's pretty normal for the Pi, even with local NFO files. I would scrape on another computer and copy the userdata (wiki) folder over, or at least the userdata (wiki)/Database/MyVideos75.db file over.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC won't scrape locally even with NFO files present0