How long should it take so scan a library (1300 films)
I have an HP microserver with all my movies on, have bought some gbox midnight clones from DX and flashed J1nx's linux firmware. I have exported my library on my microserver to separate files.

Am I right in thinking when I scan the library on the gbox clone that it should not be searching the online movie database but getting the info from the files stored on my server. If that is the case is it right that it is taking about 48 hours to complete the scan.

I tried to export the library to a single file on my server, but when trying to import on the gbox it does not give me options for network storage only local so I cant access the file.

Cheers
that seems like a very long time.
Ive never had luck with export single file thing the few times I tried.
I'm on Eden still., linux storage but used to have windows RAID running xbmcbuntu on an old beat up Acer Revo1600
I know several heavy users and those with I believe much larger libraries w/ tv/music and doenst take that long.
what database are you using? local or mysql?
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
Local database. The gbox is not the speediest device in the world, but i would of thought it should be quicker having all the data from my local network rather than over the internet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How long should it take so scan a library (1300 films)0