Please disable mouse?
I've been trying to find a 1080 skin as the main HTPC in the living room that does everything in there uses Media Center for main TV for the Ceton card which XBMC can't control so I have to go in and out. To make it look good the text is set to 150% on the very large 55" 1080p screen. Still XBMC decides to run 720 (I truly don't understand why in today's world honestly but...)... So I was looking for a new skin to fix that and came acrossed this. Seems simple enough but after install it says:

Mouse not supported, please disable. Huh

But yet it still works on most menus (but not all... odd.) Works peachy on the other skin no problem. Standard mouse on this test rig before I move it to the HTPC.

Something with the skin or? Other rig is controlled entirely by mouse so if that's out the skin is useless to me.
Xperience1080 should be controlled without mouse, as this may cause display problems.
So this warning message is to prevent such display problems caused by mouse controll.
Then it's useless to me. Wife won't allow a keyboard in the living room. Everything controlled with the gyration mouse which works great and that's what she likes. She's stubborn but it's just a mouse.

Need another 1080 skin.
1. You won't see that much difference between 1080 and 720 skins.
2. Why a keyboard or mouse? A mediacenter should be used with a remote control.
(2013-09-05, 19:44)butchabay Wrote: A mediacenter should be used with a remote control.

Exactly. This skin is 100% designed for remote control use.
(2013-09-05, 19:34)IamSGC Wrote: Wife won't allow a keyboard in the living room.

Get a new wife Big Grin
or dont allow wife in living room...
יונתן בן-חיים
(2013-09-05, 19:44)butchabay Wrote: 1. You won't see that much difference between 1080 and 720 skins.
2. Why a keyboard or mouse? A mediacenter should be used with a remote control.

720 breaks the system when going back out to the 150% text sizes (they back-shrink...). IT's just pointless in today's age to have to bother with720 to be honest. Do ya'll actually really still have 720 equipment?

The computer is used for the entire functionality of the TV. Skype, Media Center, and a whole lot more, and now XBMC for functions I used to just use MPC-HC and PowerDVD/WinAMP with Virtual Close Drive.

The mouse is the least abnoxious option we can use and the one the wife tolerates in the room. At least she let the HTPC in there instead of paying the cable company for their ugly box. Finally got her over that. If XBMC could do it all, it might be a different conversation, but it can't.

To be honest changing my library around just to make XBMC work is annoying enough but this 720 issue is really bugging me. If they just made it standard HD res so it doesn't change resolutions starting and exiting, all the problems go away. For those of you who do nothing else with your rigs, you don't have these issues. (Or those who aren't blind) Good for you.
I have 720p skins running in 1080p without any problems and don't have any res switching
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-09-05, 21:21)Martijn Wrote: I have 720p skins running in 1080p without any problems and don't have any res switching

OK, tell me how to do that without it changing your resolutions and/or messing with your icons after a few shutdowns with your text set at 150% of normal.. That's the catch. At 100% (default) it's fine. But on my nVidia and my ATI boxes, this happens both. Eventually you'll come out and fonts are microscopic (unreadable) sometimes icons are also. Reboots are all that seem to fix it.

If I could get over that, I'd be a happy camper with the default skin as it was installed (well, after I made my adjustments of coarse)
Set your resolution to 1920x1080, set XBMC to fullscreen, disable "use fullscreen window rather than fullscreen" and everything will be fine.
(2013-09-06, 18:21)`Black Wrote: Set your resolution to 1920x1080, set XBMC to fullscreen, disable "use fullscreen window rather than fullscreen" and everything will be fine.

Actually, that's exactly how it was set. I'll try turning the use fullscreen window mode on instead and see if that helps at all. Again it's the 150% fonts that get messed up. My gaming rig with regular fonts never has an issue, just the HTPCs with enlarged fonts for couch reading for the otherwise old and blind that do.
No Joy, same result. Keeps setting the font back to 100% (seems like even less) randomly upon exit. On both boxes. Which suggests it's either related to XBMC (since it's the only program that does it, period out of the many that run upon it and have for years before it's introduction), or windows itself with something XBMC is doing directly. Either way it has to do with XBMC's execution. You won't be able to duplicate it without setting fonts to 150% size since that is the problem and again, changes are random. Sometimes we can watch a movie and it's fine, next time we watch another and poof, tiny fonts, can't see anything, have to reboot. That's why I thought a full sized skin might fix the problem but I can't even test this one since the boxes are both mouse controlled since the only thing in the rooms at all (in the house really) are the HTPCs. And using buttons to move a mouse cursor sucks (according to the wife). The remote-type mouse we have at least she likes. but that's as far as she'll let me go. I have one I bring in obviously for maintenance, etc. Otherwise, it's all clicky which works great considering it's a computer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please disable mouse?0