• 6(current)
Release Dropbox addon
(2014-05-20, 17:48)pdffs Wrote: Seems like the plugin can lock up XBMC pretty easily, if you navigate 'back' too fast, XBMC needs to be restarted. Log below:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=206011
Thanks for the debug logging. I found an issue, but I'm not sure if it fixes the problem... The problem is that XBMC kills the addon thread when the thread doesn't finish within 5 secs. The Dbmc addon starts an extra thread to cache photos or other media files. This sometimes doesn't finish within 5 sec. However, on my Ubuntu machine I hardly see this problem.
So in the next release I did a fix for this, but I'm not sure if it solves it... I'm not sure when the next release will come.
(2014-05-06, 21:10)josetaza Wrote:
(2014-05-03, 13:49)udo2014 Wrote: I installed the xbmc dbmc adon. The Installation went fine so far, but when I try to open, it askes for a passcode. What is that and where do I get it?Huh
The passcode is a code, which you have set yourself in the addon settings menu. You can change it over there (if you know the code you have used before...). Default there is no passcode.
The passcode can be used to protect others from looking into your account, who have free access to XBMC.

Hi and thanks a lot.I probably put there a code by misunderstanding and of course forgot it. So I reinstalled the plugin and all went fine Big Grin
A new version (0.7.3) of Dbmc addon is available.

If you have the addon already installed, it will automatically be updated soon. For everyone else, you can download it from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc-dropbox/

Changes:
- Fixed crash in FileBrowser dialog for browsing in dropbox folders (XBMC skins related)
- Possible fix for XBMC lock up, when navigating 'back' too fast
I am finding that when playing my mp4 videos that the audio plays fine but the video plays really slow. Anyone else having this problem? Not sure how else to pose the question as I don't have a log error to post.

V
Thanks for the great add-on! Is there any way to get it to download to a shadow directory then copy over to the ultimate destination when it's done?
(2014-07-09, 02:15)vijayk416 Wrote: I am finding that when playing my mp4 videos that the audio plays fine but the video plays really slow. Anyone else having this problem? Not sure how else to pose the question as I don't have a log error to post.

V
This sounds like a player issue. The Dbmc addon only downloads/stream the files. You could try to first download the file to a local drive and play it form the local drive. If you still have the problem, than it is the player...

(2014-07-09, 18:37)fmolinet Wrote: Thanks for the great add-on! Is there any way to get it to download to a shadow directory then copy over to the ultimate destination when it's done?
You can select a Dropbox directory to sync to a local disk:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ng_service
I am thinking it is my player. Any thoughts on how to optimize player settings in video playback and/or acceleration sections to ensure that this addon works properly?

Edit: figured it out. Player settings encoder was set to software, switched to hardware with VDPAU on.
Hi, is there any way to use multiple accounts? Maybe in future? Or install a few the same plugins like dbmc1. dbmc2 with different account info?
(2014-09-07, 18:55)grequ22 Wrote: Hi, is there any way to use multiple accounts? Maybe in future? Or install a few the same plugins like dbmc1. dbmc2 with different account info?
To support multiple accounts, something has to be changed in the addon. I have no time to make these changes.
If somebody wants to volunteer to do some code changes, please let me know.
hi, great plugin so far. i´m using the streaming video option only, no sync to my device needed.
is there already a posibility to get videos from dropbox to my movies database (enriched with movie informations...)?
Hi, thank you for updating and supporting your useful Add-on. I'm using it on a Raspberry Pi (Raspbmc) to synchronize photos and videos. But after switching to another Dropbox account, finishing the authorization and changing the folder to synchronize with I get a strange error message:

Code:
16:13:34 T:2923426880  NOTICE: plugin.dbmc: Enabled synchronization
16:13:35 T:2931815488   ERROR: plugin.dbmc: getRemoteChanges failed: [400] u'Invalid "cursor" parameter: this cursor is for a different user.'

I used https://dbinbox.com to allow various people without a Dropbox account to upload files. But after switching to another Dropbox account, the upload method changed too, so that people can upload files only via a privately hosted website which uses the Dropbox API. Can you comprehend the given circumstances? I would be glad if you could give me an approach or a solution.
(2014-09-18, 14:02)robust Wrote: hi, great plugin so far. i´m using the streaming video option only, no sync to my device needed.
is there already a posibility to get videos from dropbox to my movies database (enriched with movie informations...)?
No, unfortunately it has no possibility to add video's to the moview DB.
When you want to add a dropbox link (so use streaming) to the DB, I don't think that will be possible. The dropbox link, which is used for streaming, isn't a permanent link. The link expires after four hours...

(2014-09-26, 18:06)flixonline Wrote: Hi, thank you for updating and supporting your useful Add-on. I'm using it on a Raspberry Pi (Raspbmc) to synchronize photos and videos. But after switching to another Dropbox account, finishing the authorization and changing the folder to synchronize with I get a strange error message:

Code:
16:13:34 T:2923426880  NOTICE: plugin.dbmc: Enabled synchronization
16:13:35 T:2931815488   ERROR: plugin.dbmc: getRemoteChanges failed: [400] u'Invalid "cursor" parameter: this cursor is for a different user.'

I used https://dbinbox.com to allow various people without a Dropbox account to upload files. But after switching to another Dropbox account, the upload method changed too, so that people can upload files only via a privately hosted website which uses the Dropbox API. Can you comprehend the given circumstances? I would be glad if you could give me an approach or a solution.
That use-case I never tested. ;-)
The addon only supports 1 account (for now). When the synchronization is setup, it should be linked to the same account. The problem you are facing now, is that the synchronizer is not updated when the account is changed, so it still want to sync the 'old' account. To fix this, you should change the remote sync path setting. That will remove all synced files from the previous account (on your Raspbmc) and reset the synchronization.
I hope that helps. I don't really understand the 'dbinbox.com' part. But if it uses the Dropbox API, the above should fix it.
Thank you for your support. I did change the old remote sync path in the gui settings or settings.xml-file to the folder of the new account and still got the error message. Maybe here's some more description I've found in the log file that could specify the problem:

Code:
01:51:34 T:2934961216   ERROR: plugin.dbmc: getRemoteChanges failed: [400] u'Invalid "cursor" parameter: this cursor is for a different user.'
01:51:53 T:2934961216   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-2:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 552, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.dbmc/sync_dropbox.py", line 311, in run
                                                self._getRemoteChanges()
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.dbmc/sync_dropbox.py", line 325, in _getRemoteChanges
                                                items, clientCursor, reset, hasMore = self._dropboxSyncer._client.getRemoteChanges(clientCursor)
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Unfortunately I'm not that skilled into python or programming at all.
Information 
A new TEST version (0.7.4) of Dbmc addon is available for download.

This version contains multiple Dropbox account support. Meaning: you can add more than one account to the addon. You can even setup synchronization on each account, so synchronize (still one way only) more than one account on XBMC.

Please install it and let me know if you find bugs! Thanks.

Because it is a test version, you must download it and install it yourself.
Download it from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc-dropbox/

Have fun.
I have enabled Dmbc on my Xmbc and to the best of my knowledge I have synced my dropbox account. However, while I can see my dropbox directory tree from the Dmbc add-on I cannot find any files. Can someone please help me figure out how to view my files. Thank you.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dropbox addon2