SMB
For some reason, I make zero changes to my network setup, and I continuously get errors when trying to browse my movies that're added via SMB. I've tried removing a password and then adding folders, and I get the same result. XBMC keeps telling me "Operation Not Permitted".

I've had to resort to using the Plex add-on.
Debug log (wiki) needed.
Folders I have shared
Image Image

My Log: http://pastebin.com/pAYGY0qn

I tried adding it manually entering in my username & password (both with a shared folder and without adding a folder name) both resulting in a Broken Pipe. When going through SMB -> WORKGROUP, and clicking on Seans-Mac I get an error "Operation not permitted"
Probably the NetBIOS name acting up. SMB can use the network IP address or a "NetBIOS" name, but sometimes they don't always work.

I would try adding the video file source using "zeroconf" rather than SMB, which should still find the Mac SMB server. It will then either use the IP address or the "bonjour" name (a 3rd option), both of which should be more reliable than NetBIOS when using Macs and Linux (Rasperry Pi).
I'll give that a try, thanks!
When I click on Zeroconf browser nothing shows up. :/
Hmm, odd. Have you tried rebooting your router? I don't know all the tech details, but it's possible the router is the cause for both issues and just needs a little slap, so to speak.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB0