Using a video as Fanart
Hi All,

Just wondering here, but is it even possible to use a video in place of Fanart, in the background area? This way, Season menus of TV Shows could look more like the DVD menu.

I just think it would be really cool, and now want a skin that treats Season menus like DVD menus do, with a cools scene, music, and a Play All (or "Marathon Mode", Possibly even resumable) feature at the top of the episode list.
I suspect it is possible, given that you can watch a trailer (playing in a window in the background ) while browsing your collection etc. There is support for extrafanart folders so you can have a slideshow of the movie in focus, but I'll bet performance would take a large hit if these where full video samples auto loaded, browsing the library with each listing having to load up a video background... and you could see it all grinding to a halt pretty quickly.

Looking at the implementation of TV theme music, which loads up audio for each series and there is a slight delay as the MP3 is handled and you could see that full video samples that are 10X the size... well. So this is not to say it's impossible.... just not with the hardware most users have.
well the only place I'm seeing this being used is in the episode list of a TV Show season, to create that DVD menu feel, so that lag shouldn't be a huge issue as long as you're running a full HTPC.

Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using a video as Fanart0