Win Library lists some sequels in wrong order
Hi, I'm new to the forum and tried searching. It's difficult to know exactly what to call this problem.

Basically, I find it annoying that the three Austin Powers movies are listed out of order in library view. I looked at TMDb to make sure I had naming correct, which I do and all three get scraped just fine. I've removed them manually and re-scanned, but the results are the same.

I exported the library to see if they are listed out of order in the XML, but lo and behold, they are listed in the proper order within the XML.

This is also happening with The Lord Of The Rings sequels.

It's weird because other sequel sets get listed fine, like Back To The Future and Star Wars.

I tried turning 'use Movie sets' on, and they get listed in correct order in the collection unit.

But I just prefer to see them all at once without having to click deeper.

Any ideas?

TIA
Of course, after I struggle with this for hours and finally feel fed up enough to post about it, I find a workaround.

Edit Title

Library is listed alphabetically, which makes sense that Star Wars and Back To The Future are listed correctly since they have numbers in their titles.

The titles come from TMDb. Even if I have the files named with 1, 2, 3, etc. (for an organized view in Windows Explorer), it's the title that comes from the scraper that ultimately determines the order in the library view.
Are you using a media manager or are you familiar with nfo's? There is a tag that you can add to the nfo that tell the library in which order to sort titles in a movie set. Have a read of this NFO files/Movies and look out for the <sorttitle> tag. Many media managers also handle this.
You don't have to play with nfo's. Just change the title in xbmc. Here's a wiki link to do so.
But he wants sequels to appear in the right order. Changing the library name is going to help for sequels that don't use numbering.
(2014-08-01, 23:12)prawnee Wrote: But he wants sequels to appear in the right order. Changing the library name is going to help for sequels that don't use numbering.

Is that a question? Or are you confirming what I said? The whole point is for none similar title names from a movie set to appear in order, this will do that without having to piss with nfo's that can be overwritten.
Nope it's a typo I meant isn't going to help.
Works on all of mine just fine.
I personally prefer the non "Sets" look, so I just use the sort title field. Ex:

Title: Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997)
Sort Title: Austin Powers 01

Title: Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999)
Sort Title: Austin Powers 02

Title: Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002)
Sort Title: Austin Powers 03

This way you can still keep the Title/Original title the same but have YOUR custom ordering.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library lists some sequels in wrong order0