Deleted items frequently remain in library.
EDIT: Update

This is specific to DVD files in a folder, when you remove or delete them, they will not disapear from the library.
This is using ANY version of XBMC, I've used multiple builds of 12 / 12.1 / 12.2 and 13 and I still have movies in my movie list which have long, long since been deleted, purely because the library scanner (and cleaner) will not recognise the DVD files are missing (IFO / BUP etc)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1597098
FOR REFERENCE:

I've noticed the files which are often not picked up as now deleted are actually DVDs too (VIDEO_TS\blah etc)
Anyone else seen this? I've made a point of leaving a couple in my library incase anyone needs me to run some tests.
It's been what, like a week? It's still there - is this bug just to be ignored?
No debug log (wiki), no info about what version of XBMC you are running, very little details if any?

Yes, that is a good way to be ignored.
Ned it's a very straightforward issue which the debug log is going to be bloody useless for. It's incredibly simple to recreate.
Do I need to restate the issue again? and I'm on 12.2 - latest official build
Locally stored video files or on an external storage (e.g. nas)?
Library running locally or on another machine?
Ever tried log level 3 and then look at your debug log?
Is it specific to VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO files?

There'll be some pattern. Without knowing the pattern it's difficult to reproduce. If you can find the pattern, I suggest writing up a complete "10 steps for a dummy to reproduce this" will almost certainly get an understanding of why it's happening, and that's 99.9% of the way to a fix.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-09-30, 18:42)muldereric Wrote: Locally stored video files or on an external storage (e.g. nas)?
Library running locally or on another machine?
Ever tried log level 3 and then look at your debug log?

These are locally stored files and I believe yes at this point I believe it MAY be specific to VIDEO_TS files.
The library is locally running - but it is a MYSQL configuration (so I can share the same library around the house)
If MySQL is involved then we really do need a debug log.
Best way to provide files? I have 2 screenshots and a zip file with a 200kb full debug log in it.
I'm even recreating the problem now, just found a DVD directory which I'd replaced with a high res version, - so I have 2 entries for the film. The DVD has been deleted, XBMC closed and opened, library cleaned, XBMC closed and opened, and then the library updated, XBMC closed and opened - still have 2 entries for the movie.
dropbox?
Odd. Did you do a clean from settings rather than on update? The Update one relies on correctly tracking the paths (i.e. only the paths found changed are cleaned) which potentially may screw up. The one from settings runs through every path stored, so is unlikely to be any different between VIDEO_TS folders and others.

My guess is that VIDEO_TS folders may be missed in the OnUpdate one due to path stacking (we may not traverse the /path/to/movie_name/VIDEO_TS/ folder, which is what the file will be assigned to?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I did a manual clean under system last night which removed some of the duplicate entries.
I need to investigate further to find out what's going on here, I'm not trying to waste anyones time - I'd _DEFINITELY_ done that previously.

However, the only thing I can think of, I had version 12.0 up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago, so perhaps the version 12.0 build didn't do the system based clean properly?
I'll confirm if any dupes are left at all this evening. Frustrating.
This problem has returned, specific to DVD folders which are most certainly deleted, I'm using the latest nightly build of 13. Infact some of the folders it picked up are ones I originally mentioned when I posted this months ago, I suspect the clean operation is infact not correctly cleaning.

What information is best to provide.
Furthermore, I can't find a manual library clean option in 13?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleted items frequently remain in library.0