Deleted items frequently remain in library.
The best thing is to get it reproducible with a simple test case. i.e. probably a single movies folder with a couple movie subfolders, one or more of which is a VIDEO_TS file.

Without a reproducible test case we're basically guessing, which takes ages to get to the issue. As soon as we can reproduce it'll be understood very quickly, and we can then consider fixes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm lost here, I've got the latest latest build of the program and can confirm it's occuring. Surely if I perform a library clean (and the library clean function is working correctly) then these folders / movies should be officially removed from my library?
If you're suggest my library is a mess, let's start this from scratch to see if it can be re-created on a new library, well I see the logic but shouldn't the clean function be fixing the mess?
There's more than 1 DVD folder in my list of movies which I know is missing.
I can't see your library or your database, so can't say whether it should or shouldn't be doing what it is. Smile

You're welcome to link me to your database if you like. It may contain private information (including passwords) so you might want to look in the path table first yourself to make sure you're not sharing something you don't want to. You can PM me a link to dropbox or whatever if you wish.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

It's 320mb of MySQL data I take it that's too much?
Can you just dump out the path table? That'll probably give me an idea. I dunno whether that 320MB includes all previous revisions of XBMC's tables or not, but if it does, then only the latest database is required (v77 I think it is)

When XBMC does that DB split / fork thing, does that mean I can just drop the old table IF I don't connect with any old clients?
(Is it a fully copy of the old DB into the new one?)
I can recreate this bug in less than 5 minutes for people.............
ANY version of XBMC.
I'm using the MySQL configuration for my library.

Make a folder in your movie directory example
d:\movies\Blade Runner (1982)
copy ANY extracted dvd movie into this folder (video_ts.ifo etc etc)
Do a scan, you'll have a "new" copy of Blade Runner.

Delete the folder.
When you re-scan, you'll still have it in your library.

EDIT:
This has been updated and re-posted here with better information.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183791
EDIT: Might be behaving after all,.....
Still odd how long it took to remove it though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleted items frequently remain in library.0