Win XBMC for dummies?
Hello,

My Frodo XBMC has onboard NEXTPVR 1.6 addon. How do I upgrade this (step by step please, no assumptions?) to version NEXTPVR 2.6.2?

There is only local machine so I am guessing that the IP can stay at 127.0.0.1

When I have enabled LIVETV and Enabled/configured NEXTPVR 1.6 addon, on exit, there is a message that comes on lower screen right every 5 seconds with a beep saying "NEXTPVR lost connection".

I need NEXTPVR 2.6.2 to see my two tuners which are Avermedia, currently running with windows Media Center.

I downloaded NEXTPVR 2.6.2 and then zipped it, since the "install from zip file" is the only option I have seen to bring it into XBMC. When I source it, XBMC says "Addon does not have the correct file structure".

Thanx in advance. Big Grin
Quote:My Frodo XBMC has onboard NEXTPVR 1.6 addon. How do I upgrade this (step by step please, no assumptions?) to version NEXTPVR 2.6.2?
You don't need to upgrade it. This is the correct version of the XBMC addon to talk to NextPVR 2.6.2. (they're developed independently, so have different version numbers)

Quote:When I have enabled LIVETV and Enabled/configured NEXTPVR 1.6 addon, on exit, there is a message that comes on lower screen right every 5 seconds with a beep saying "NEXTPVR lost connection".
You'd probably need to reproduce the problem, then post the xbmc.log, and NextPVR's web.log and nrecord.log, so we can check what it's unhappy about.

As a guess, if you're sure you've got the server address correct, then maybe you have some firewall software getting in the way of communication between the XBMC client and NextPVR backend.

Quote:I need NEXTPVR 2.6.2 to see my two tuners which are Avermedia, currently running with windows Media Center.
Before trying to get it working via the XBMC addon, you should make sure you have the tuners working in NextPVR itself. If it doesn't work there, then it isn't going to work in XBMC either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for dummies?0