Emulators
I have poured over the forum looking for answers to how to play roms on XBMC and have had no luck. I have installed rom collection browser loaded the paths to my emulators (SNes9x and nestopia) and loaded the path to my roms (nes roms are in .nes format and snes are in .smc). and after literally days of trying to get this setup I am frustrated beyond belief. I would love to able to play my games on XBMC but I can't figure it out (I am praying this is something that will be addressed in Gotham build). Any help would be appreciated. If it helps I'm running on a mac mini 2012
Mac mini 2012
Drobo 4 bay
4 three terabyte HHD
Drobo 5 bay
5 four terabyte HHD
Nobody has any suggestions or help? this is the article i was speaking of

http://lifehacker.com/5523672/turn-your-...me-console

no matter what I try I can not make it work
Mac mini 2012
Drobo 4 bay
4 three terabyte HHD
Drobo 5 bay
5 four terabyte HHD
Ok... The way to start application files on OS X is this :

Code:
/usr/bin/open -a "/path/application.app" args

Where /usr/bin/open is the process used to start the application, where /path/application.app is the path to the application, and where args are arguments send to the application (it could be a file path or other application parameters like force fullscreen, etc...).

Into Advanced Launcher (but I think it is the same manner for RCB) the way the setup an OS X application will be :

Application : /usr/bin/open
Arguments : -a "/path/application.app" args

For example, in your case of Snes9x the command line used to start a .smc file is :

Code:
open -a "/Applications/Snes9x.app" "/path/game.smc"
Source : http://www.snes9x.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5311

So settings needs to create a launcher into Advanced Launcher (or RCB) will be :

Application : /usr/bin/open
Arguments : -a "/Applications/Snes9x.app" "%rom%"
Items path : /path/
File extension : smc
So do I need Advanced Launcher in addition to rom collection browser? I was hoping adding roms would be as easy as adding video files and playing them would be just as easy.
Mac mini 2012
Drobo 4 bay
4 three terabyte HHD
Drobo 5 bay
5 four terabyte HHD
(2013-09-14, 14:51)CharlieM Wrote: So do I need Advanced Launcher in addition to rom collection browser? I was hoping adding roms would be as easy as adding video files and playing them would be just as easy.
No. Advanced Launcher and RCB are working pratically the same wqy. You use one or the other.
Well I have found the absolute perfect emulator package for OS X via open emu if it ever gets combined with XBMC it'll be perfection.
Mac mini 2012
Drobo 4 bay
4 three terabyte HHD
Drobo 5 bay
5 four terabyte HHD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Emulators0