Installed a buggy skin, and I can't get back into settings to change it..
The Bello skin is completely screwed up on Android.. swiping doesn't scroll properly. I'm stuck at the home screen unable to make my way back into the system settings to change the skin. How can I get it back to Confluence?
I ended up just wiping the data and cache and it reset everything.. which is fine because I just installed the app not but an hour ago. I'd still like to know how to fix this manually (without wiping it) in case it happens again.
You can do the following things:
1. Close XBMC, delete the faulty skin and start XBMC again. XBMC will fall back to the default skin. You can delete the skin from the userdata/addons (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Userdata) folder. There should be a folder called "skin.bello" or something like that. Just delete that folder and you're good to go.
2. You can edit the file userdata/userdata/guisettings.xml which holds the value for the current skin. You'll find a section with the following content:
Code:
<lookandfeel>
        <enablerssfeeds>true</enablerssfeeds>
        <font>Default</font>
        <rssedit></rssedit>
        <skin>skin.aeon.nox</skin>
        <skincolors>SKINDEFAULT</skincolors>
        <skintheme>SKINDEFAULT</skintheme>
        <skinzoom>0</skinzoom>
        <soundskin>OFF</soundskin>
        <startupwindow>10000</startupwindow>
    </lookandfeel>
Of course - your skin-value is different. Now set a new, matching name for the skin-value and you're good to go (confluence would be "skin.confluence").
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installed a buggy skin, and I can't get back into settings to change it..0