Custom skins
has anyone actualy ever made a skin script/module for xbmc. ive made one that reads a xml file in the format below:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<skin id="msn">
     <item name="background" type="controlimage" location="[0,0,w,h]" path="noon_sky.bmp"></item>
     <item name="login" type="controlbutton" location="[6,5,140,30]" label="login"></item>
     <item name="send" type="controlbutton"  location="[146,5,140,40]" label="send message"></item>
     <item name="mystate" type="controllabel"  location="[246,105,140,40]" label="online?"></item>
     <item name="contactname" type="controllabel" location="[246,105,140,40]" label="current con"></item>
     <item name="contacttyping" type="controllabel"  location="[246,105,140,40]" label="current typing"></item>
     <item name="thred" type="controlbutton" location="[146,5,140,30]" label="start threads"></item>
     <item name="msgbox1" type="controltextbox" location="[410,150,300,300]" font="font13" textcolor="0xffff3300"></item>
     <item name="userlist1" type="controllist" location="[50,50,200,400]"></item>
     <move name="login" orright=""></move>
     <focus name="login"></focus>

<group  id="test" item="thred"></group>
     <group id="test" item="login"></group>

</skin>

you can call it in your window with skin.skin(self, "pathofscript", "skinname.xml")

or you can hide groups using skin.hidegroup(self, "groupname")
or make them visable with skin.viewgroup(self, "groupname")

its still in the making but it means you can have custom skin options, or have a complete skin, like have your standard layout and have the skin for extras. it does work i just need to add more options.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
this is a pretty neat idea but i'm not sure how many people are going to be creating these themes. the problem with this method for a script writer is that the skin file is no smaller or easier to edit than the equivalent python code.
though it does enable multiple skins for a script and there is some utility in that.
there was a skin xml engine floating around and pretty sure it is still available in the libraries stiky thread. however it seem to work well but i began getting random black screent with no elements when trying to render 30+ objects on the screen so i gave up on it Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom skins0