OS X Official remote app sees computer but does not connect
Hello everyone

I helped a friend set up a media center running off of a 2012 Mac Book Air. We have it all working fine except one thing. We cant get the Official XBMC Remote app for ios to connect to his XBMC. The app finds it as soon as you click "Find XBMC". When we go to connect to the computer it will spin that circle thing forever and not connect. We brought his computer and iPad to my house and his iPad connected to my setup with no problems. Tried to connect to his computer and same spinning circle. I'm sure there is a setting I missed somewhere, possibly in the system settings, but cant seem to find any help on this. If this has been an posted before I apologize, I could not find any.
I have a similar problem (Ubuntu 13, XBMC 12.2, iPad2). I installed the official XBMC remote on the iPad. "Find XBMC" finds the server but I cannot connect. I can connect to and control XBMC from Safari on the iPad. I can connect to and control the server using the remote XBMC remote app installed on an Android device (Nexus). This seems to rule out any router firewall problems. Anybody with any ideas I'd be very grateful for them.
thanks,
Hi,
have you a blank password under XBMC System > Services > WebServer > password? if yes, can you try to set a password in both XBMC GUI and remote app and see if it works?
Yes, it was a blank and yes, I added one and YES!, it now works. Thank you very much for the help.
Regards,
(2013-09-17, 21:50)joethefox Wrote: Hi,
have you a blank password under XBMC System > Services > WebServer > password? if yes, can you try to set a password in both XBMC GUI and remote app and see if it works?

This solution did not work for me. My iphone XBMC app can find the host no problem. It does not save the ip. It will save a new host name but nothing else.
(2013-09-17, 21:50)joethefox Wrote: Hi,

This solution did not work for me. My iphone XBMC app can find the host no problem. It does not save the ip. It will save a new host name but nothing else.
@BrothaWolf, and now with the 1.4.1 version? Let me know
My problem is the first posting of this thread. I have tried the password and user. I am not sure how to ascertain if I am using 1.4.1, but it isn't showing an update available. Still won't work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Official remote app sees computer but does not connect0