XBMCbuntu delay start of XBMC?
Nice - thanks for that info.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hey all

So I tried this and it worked perfectly say for a tiny cosmetic issue, the command line login popped up after the animated splash screen ... this is totally fine ... however there is now an enormous issue.

I have an Intel NUC setup with a dual boot for kodibuntu as primary and Windows 8.1 as alternative using grub.

This morning I booted into windows to do update software etc and I'm not sure if this is significant, but I also updated the music library.

When I rebooted into kodibuntu the system hangs at the command line login screen!

1. logged in using command line, ifconfig reveals no IP address allocated to the ethernet cable

2. checked DHCP table on router and nothing showing for the computers MAC address

3. rebooted into recovery mode a couple of times and one point it said something along the lines of can't boot waiting for media library

4. rebooted into Windows everything is working fine for hardware and Kodi.

Is this because I've updated the library using helix 14.2 and kodibuntu is only using 14.0?

If so is there anyway to roll back the library (if it even is this) or another way to fix this?
Is the media library on the windows side?

If so, it might be, that the NTFS partition (for the windows installation) isn't mounted at boot.

So I would check that first.
I should have added that I have shared media library, so that each instance of Kodi in my house has the same library. I had to add the wait for network solution because Kodibuntu would boot before the network was ready and then didn't have a library Sad

The library is all stored on a Synology NAS, which is running both MariaDB and phpMyAdmin to manage the database.
Have you tried updating kodibuntu?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodibuntu#Upgradin...dia_Center
In my case, the consequence of Kodi 14.2 starting before the network was up, was the fact that Kodi failed to answer UPNP discovery requests. It did succeed to send UPNP notification requests. From the layman point of view, Kodi was constantly failing to appear in the renderer list of a freshly started UPNP control point. If one waited enough time, Kodi did appear in that list (apparently due to its own notification request) but disappeared again if the control point was closed and re-opened.
Modifying lightdm.config worked like a charm. Thanks!
Hey so I'm not entirely sure what's happened, but I turned it on this morning and it's fine. Weird

I did open up phpMyAdmin first to see if anything strange happened to the libraries, but nothing that I could see. Then when I turned on the NUC it booted up fine.
I'm trying to use kodi on ubuntu (16.10), and having unclear issues with wifi network.
I use autostart via lightdm.
Kodi starts before wifi connection and db of movies is empty (I use mysql db on nas for kodi installations).
If I use above solution with "wake on lan" then it starts normally and movie db is accessible But movie files are not accessible.
Movies are on nas (samba share).
I.e. video-source is removed and if I try to add it - doesn't work (says like - Error 2: Share not available).
(Though after some longer time I can add that video source).

If I start kodi manually from lightdm then everything works OK.

Also I tried above solution with modifying init/lightdm.conf - didn't work at all.
If I add sleep 5 to bin/kodi-standalone then everything works too but somehow unreliable (sometimes it doesn't start, and strange solution).

I've tried kodi 16.1 and 17b5 - no difference (doesn't work at both versions).

What's wrong with samba client here? What to try else?
for info: tried to remove gui NetworkManager, and configured wifi via /etc/network stuff - seems like work now without problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu delay start of XBMC?0