Code:
michal@x-4e135accf5b64:/usr/local/bin/kodi/bin$ ./kodi
Segmentation fault
Crash report available at /home/michal/kodi_crashlog-20150824_160202.log

Crash report:
http://xbmclogs.com/pgpc3lgsj

Log (with debug enabled):
http://xbmclogs.com/pjrsdgjtg

This is my own compilation on Debian Sid, compiled with gcc5. But the same issue exists with kodi installed from official debian repository. Any thoughts?[/code]
install gdb, there is no backtrace in your crashlog.

Since there is zero hint whats going on from the log, I'm guessing its the usual gcc 5.2 issue.
You made sure your whole distro was rebuilt against the new ABI, did you?
gdb is installed:

Code:
ii  gdb                                                         7.9.1-1                               amd64        GNU Debugger
ii  gdbserver                                                   7.9.1-1                               amd64        GNU Debugger (remote server)

(2015-08-24, 16:24)wsnipex Wrote: You made sure your whole distro was rebuilt against the new ABI, did you?
You are asking too difficult question. I can't be sure, because I did not compile entire distro from scratch
Try making sure your user is able to create core files in /home

Put the following at the bottom of your /etc/sysctl.conf

Code:
kernel.core_uses_pid = 1
kernel.core_pattern = /home/core.%e.%p.%s.%t
fs.suid_dumpable = 1

and in your /etc/security/limits.conf

Code:
kodi             soft    core            unlimited

save both files and reload sysctl or reboot.

Then see if when kodi next crashes the crashlogs should contain the stacktraces else no idea.
I'm confused. I did all you proposed and now kodi does not crash anymore. After above changes made, kodi all the time exits without segmentation fault. There was no any system updates applied. It looks weird for me.
In your case limits.conf should be michal not kodi

Code:
michal             soft    core            unlimited

And dont use Debian packages, use your self compiled Kodi, maybe it is related to gcc5, no experience there personally so until we see a stacktrace that's it.
One thing you could try if the above fails, is compiling a nightly that includes https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7376
I reported my own build. But it was built with gcc5, because gcc5 is default compiler in Debian now (at least in Sid).

But, as I wrote above, magically problem is gone now. No crashes so far and I don't understand what happens here

Thanks for hint, indeed I did not put my username there. As soon as I see crash again, we'll se if it helps to capture backtrace
Well none of what I asked you to try would magically fix any Kodi issues.

What I suspect is you have some addon causing this issue, and I base this information on your other thread of yours which were also addons causing those issues.
Hmm my test was performed on clean installation, without any custom addons.

Regarding to Kodi16 nightly... I tried to compile but I was stuck on hell of dependencies, maybe I will try again when have some time. I mean Kodi custom libs, I was unable to compile and install them
When all reasons are exhausted I blame it on Debian.
Isn't gcc5 used in Ubuntu as well? If not, it's going to be used in near future
(2015-08-25, 19:42)giaur Wrote: Hmm my test was performed on clean installation, without any custom addons.

Regarding to Kodi16 nightly... I tried to compile but I was stuck on hell of dependencies, maybe I will try again when have some time. I mean Kodi custom libs, I was unable to compile and install them

You didnt read the Docs on github and you should if you are compiling anything.

I'll leave a response to your gcc comments to the pros, no idea if the source needs any fixes for it or if its even gcc or not some Debian quirkiness at play. Since we dont have any stacktraces or any information to go by I doubt you get any answer to hypotheticals.
(2015-08-26, 05:42)uNiversal Wrote: You didnt read the Docs on github and you should if you are compiling anything.
I actually read and follow docs and I was still unsuccesful with compilation. But I'm not going to describe it here, if I can't manage it by myself, I will eventually create separate thread and describe my problems there

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.1 keeps crashing on exit0