Bug Building for and running on Android x86
xbmc.log would tell
Lol - unit all powers feature this is Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
davilla,
OK will sort a log out today sorry for being late but not been around for a few days
(2013-10-14, 16:29)Martijn Wrote: As of today we will produce nightlies for Android x86 platforms. Do NOT mix up the different APK versions as it will just crash

They can be found here:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/x86/

I don't know who else to thank for this. I tried the Oct 14th build and it works great on my Samsung Galaxy Tab3 10.1. Thank you so much. I only tried that build so far as it worked for another user already. I've tried the xaf, the xbmchub and everything else under the sun and none worked. It feels so good to finally have it working on my new tablet. Please pass my appreciation on to whoever else deserves it.
appreciated Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Well I've not had that problem I posted about the other week, very odd, so can't post a log sorry. am using build from 20th oct and its good thank you all
Hi,

Thanks to the guys working on this build it's very much appreciated.

I own an Asus Memo Pad FHD 10 tablet with Intel Atom Z2560 (same as thread starter) and have tried the last few nightlies (Dec 18-19).

XBMC installs without a problem, however 99% of the videos I play show a pixelated green/magenta screen. Audio works perfect.

Here's what I found out so far:

1) .mkv, .avi, .mp4 = video is corrupt green/magenta screen. audio works correctly
2) .wmv = video and audio work correctly

Minor problems:
3) Under "File Manager" clicking "Add Source" does nothing
4) On Confluence skin, accessing the side menu bar to change the view layout is difficult since the menu immediately tries to auto-hide.

Any suggestions ? Anything I can do on my end to help out with a fix ?

I should add, all the files I'm testing play perfectly using "MX Player" app. so i'm guessing it's a hardware decoding error in xbmc.

Thanks !

-Nik
Try playing with the hardware acceleration settings (system->video->playback - switch between stagefright and mediacodec). Also try double clicking the "add source" in file manager.

Nothing for 4.).
You are like a genius.

Stagefright = on
Mediacodec = off

Seems to give me the best results.

For the newbies to XBMC touch displays like me, you have to hit the "Standard" button in settings to switch to "Advanced" to get these options to show up.

Also, a long press on "Add Source" did the trick.

Thanks again.

-Nik
hello, New here. been using xbmc for a few months now. Love it. just bought a new dell tablet that has x86, witch in xbmc v12 works great for all avi,and mp4 but mkv is a no go.

in v13 i can get mkv to work good by turning off Stagefright and
Mediacodec . so thanks for the above, but now my avi videos crash xbmc, mp4 work good.

anybody else figure out how to get all video types to work let me know
I would much appreciate it

thanks
crab.man

I guess i could add I am talking about 720p for my mkv and mp4 files.
1080p works also with both Stagefright and Mediacodec turned off, but is jerky, with the mp4 working better
I'm using gotham nightly from Jan 19th and all my videos play great in SD, 720p and 1080p as long as I've disabled MediaCodec and leave libstegefright enabled otherwise I get nothing but a green screen and when the content starts a screen with coloured lives.
nice info. something must be going on with the monthly builds. the last one i see is jan 1. will try when it is back up.
(2003-10-26, 09:16)Frodo Wrote: tillmanz, send a private message/email via the board 2 me

frodo

There will be no monthly anymore. Use nightly
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn,
This MediaCodec bug/issue/ problem is still present in the very latest nightly. Do you think it will be sorted out please?
iechyd da
no x86 Android here so I can't fix it. If you can build, then quirk it to not use the surface rendering.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Building for and running on Android x860