• 13(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
Garbear just to say thank you for the time you spend with this project.

Thanks!
Two quick questions as I am dumb and stupid. If I am running on Steam OS, (Debian-based) would my best bet be trying to get the source code and roll my own install or using one of these test builds? And if not, could I use Wheezy grade tools to build or would I have to upgrade to jessie/testing?
You should compile yourself. The test builds are only win32 and OpenELEC full-system images. i don't know why wheezy wouldn't work, but you can check the forum to see if others have had difficulties compiling for it.
Would an android build ever be possible? This would be incredible on amazon fire TV...
(2014-04-16, 05:13)bradwatson Wrote: Would an android build ever be possible? This would be incredible on amazon fire TV...

I think there was something mentioned to that effect. That and/or a Pi version is on the docket, not sure which one comes first.
Android builds will be tricky because the android dyloader can't load from sd card (it's marked noexec). Mozilla Fennec got around this problem by writing their own loader. Hopefully we can hack a solution or port their loader (wouldn't be the first time I ported code from firefox into xbmc Smile )
(2014-04-16, 05:36)garbear Wrote: Android builds will be tricky because the android dyloader can't load from sd card (it's marked noexec). Mozilla Fennec got around this problem by writing their own loader. Hopefully we can hack a solution or port their loader (wouldn't be the first time I ported code from firefox into xbmc Smile )

One more question. Can Retroplay work with traditional XBMC addons? Would be nice if traditional video and the like still worked with the gaming cores as well. Also because I cannot count, is there a way to install this so that it is the main XBMC on the machine, or at least set it up so that Retroplay has it's own iteration of the XBMC.desktop?
Retroplayer is just an additional feature added to XBMC, so all XBMC goodies are still available and you can use a retroplayer build to replace your existing XBMC version if that was your question.
Not sure if that's true. As stated in another thread, I was using the retroarch add on just fine with stock xbmc but it doesn't seem to work with retro player branch.
Retroarch addon? You mean you are running the retroarch standalone emulator through a plugin such as RCB?
Garbear are there any more recent builds than those on page 1 of this thread? Want to try beta3's wii controller support...
Well I was before I switched to Retroplayer but after switching I can't even get it to start from ssh.
Hi, XBMCSetup-20140210-e29db80-retroplayer-alpha12.exe is not available on xbmc repository.

Any chance to reupload or recompile with newer version?

Thanks
Looks like the link to latest Windows build linked in the OP is broken. Is there an OpenElec based on Gotham that might work well on a NUC? So VERY happy to see that dev is still taking place on this! Tapatalk broke for me on this forum so I've not been able to keep in touch with the development and broke down today to check with a desktop :-) Any news on this code hitting the mainstream build line? I seem to recall there was talk of that in the past - very exciting!

Ah duh! I just spotted this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1667219 Garbear is rebasing for Gotham now and is obviously not done, no worries! Was a PayPal link ever posted for hardware donations? :-D
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Now that Gotham 13.0 final has been released, will there be a new build of RetroPlayer soon?
XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
Installing XBMC on Ubuntu can't get easier than this!
Before posting error/feature questions regarding XBMScript, read THIS
Run as root. Don't be a pussy
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16