• 23(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
(2014-07-06, 11:53)guranbanan Wrote: Also wanted to add that when launching Nestopia, this error appears in the log:
Code:
ERROR: AddOnLog: NES / Famicom (NEStopia): NstDatabase.xml required to detect region and some mappers.
The NST problem is a known bug, a lot posts ago.
It seems, that RetroArch/player will need some special files (some copyright protected, others not) in specific folders to work correctly.
We should really list them all and let the the setup create them and/or add a "place bios "name" [checksum] here" files to the folders.
But that's the reason, we are still handling with test releases.

Btw: Will the rebased Windows release follow garbear?
(2014-07-06, 00:10)guranbanan Wrote: Regarding Mupen, I tried tinkering with the addon settings but it seems to have no effect - and according to the settings xml - there is no "Ü" as the log file says. But maybe it has something to do with the lost strings you mentioned in your edit. I probably should mention that in the Mupen configurator, none of the settings display any strings.

I don't think you will get mupen64 working at all as I don't believe that Garbear has implemented the gl part of libretro yet which this core depends on.
Ah, I see! That's too bad, but I guess it really doesn't matter anyway - since I seem to be the victim of another known bug: 'the third joystick problem'. My joystick (360 wireless controller) is recognized as Joystick 3 (by XBMC it seems) and from what I've read in these forums, or possibly another thread, no one has found a solution.

But, at least I know I'm able to install retroplayer just by copying the SYSTEM and KERNEL files. So I'll keep tinkering and try out future versions - and if I feel like playing, I'll use the retroarch addon. Smile
@garbear

Just saw the project EmulationStation for the first time. There is a video on the homepage that shows cool stuff including a nice interface for setting up the joystick per game. Maybe we can gather a little inspiration from some of their ideas.

http://emulationstation.org/
@drivesoslow This looks so incredibly amazing. If this can lend inspiration to retroplayer that'll be great.
has anyone been able to get an xbox 360 controller working yet? from what i'm reading no one has.
Mine works in xbmc no problem but not in an actual game.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184696

Good luck and let us know if you get stuck.
Ok I've been looking at logs and i'm getting

DEBUG: Joystick 3 button 1 pressed
DEBUG: Joystick 3 button 2 pressed
DEBUG: Joystick 3 button 3 pressed
DEBUG: Joystick 3 button 4 pressed

I think it should be joystick 1. not sure why it's using the 3rd and i have no idea how to change it.
Yeah, I had the same problem. Couldn't get it to work either. I use a wireless 360 controller and, just like yours, it showed up as Joystick 3, not 1. Now, if I remember correctly, I think it's XBMC (or OPENELEC?) that maps the joystick to number 3, not Retroplayer. I might be wrong though. It's just a guess I made by reading the Debug logs, since it says "DEBUG: Joystick 3" and not "DEBUG: RetroPlayer: Joystick 3". I also have a vague memory about RetroPlayer requiring joystick #1.

I know this might just be stating obvious things - and it doesn't solve the problem at all - but it might help getting to the bottom of where the problem really lies. And the way I've understood things, the problem could be solved in two ways: either making RetroPlayer accept Joystick #3 or forcing the joystick to be listed as #1. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do any of those things Sad
Not a solution, but....
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1736127
Garbear's rewriting the joystick API this summer. Patience may just solve this issue.
I guess I'll put this on hold then until after summer.

So excited to have these games on openelec too haha
I'm still waiting for a new windows build... Sad
Don't expect a new build before Garbear has rebuilt the joystick API. New builds take time that can better be spent on the development cycle at this moment.
Is there a 13.1 build for windows?
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
Fractal Design Node 605 (looks amazing)
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
2x80GB Intel 320 SSD, 4TB NAS
GTX 670x2 SLI, 16GB GSkill Ares
Onkyo RC360 with Paradigm piece-by-piece 5.1 build
Nyxboard and AHK full controlled via XBox Controller
Where can I get the latest exe for XBMC with retroplayer that will run on my windows system? The one from 5/26/14 on the first post is a bad link. Please advise. Thanks.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16